cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router Restarting Constantly

Chris2011
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Hi,

My router is restarting constantly; to the point that the internet has become almost unusable as it keeps disconnecting.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Chris2011

That's great, please let us know how you get on following the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi

I did managed to get in contact with the faults team thank you. They have booked an engineer for tomorrow. 

Regards. 

Message 3 of 10

Hi Chris2011

I'm sorry for the delay.

Did you manage to speak to our Faults Team?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Thanks again,

I've tried the test socket and the problem's still there.

There is longer between disconnects now, however it is still doing it. I'll contact them when they open. 

Thanks for your help!

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 10

Ok, would be worth trying the router in the test socket (if you have one) just to see if that gives you a more stable connection. The staff here will be able to help more on Monday. You may get faster support from the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 during opening hours over the weekend.

Message 6 of 10

Thank you for the replies.

I've already run a connection check and it said the connection was ok.

Unfortunately I don't have a landline phone, so I can't check that. 

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 7 of 10

Ok, well that could be a router issue, but that is also the behaviour you would get if there was a fault with your phone line and the router was losing connection to the internet and having to reconnect (it would be more common for it to be a fault with the phone line than a fault with the router itself). 

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to 'Run a live connection test' on your line (blue button at the top of that screen), this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there (via a microfilter), that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Hi,

I think the model is sagemcom FAST 5364-3 T8. Forgive me if that is wrong.

The light will go orange, start to flash white and then the internet will be connected again. This cycle repeats every 5-6mins. The internet is pretty much unusable for most things as it keeps disconnecting. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi @Chris2011,

What model of router do you have, what do the light(s) on the router do when this happens.

The staff here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.

0 Likes