cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router resetting randomly

mikehorne
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 29 of 29

getting this on the log page of my router? WAN DHCP client (1) stopped

most resets are at 10am, 4pm for the past couple of days, the following is my log for today I don't understand it at all.

enclosed is a screenshot of my logs

Screenshot 2022-09-07 at 16.21.13.png
0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28

Message 1 of 29

Hi Mike,

The line test is passing now so if the disconnections continue then we'll need to arrange an engineer visit to your home. If you'd like us to do this then please let us know and we'll confirm some details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 29

Still reseting, this time I was next to my router and it physically switched off (no lights) the enclosed PDF shown the possible DNS issues.

Im getting very tired of this DNS issue it need sorting.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 29

Morning,

Ok thank you for the update and please let us know how the connection compares over the next few days.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 29

** UPDATE ** Openreach have done some testing from my end and located a potential fault with the line, there was loose wire on the telegraph pole which was rectified on the spot, although there maybe a potential second issue more routed in the junction box which may require further works.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 29

Hi Mike,

There is now an update saying that Openreach have cleared and closed the fault. Could you please monitor and let us know if you experience any further problems

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 29

Hi Mike,

There are no further updates yet, I'll check again later

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 29

Hi Mike

Apologies, there are no further updates at the moment. We will continue to monitor this.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 29

Hi mikehorne

This fault is still with Openreach. I will check on this fault again this afternoon for any additional updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 29

No. 

Message 10 of 29

@ferguson do you use a 3rd party router? 

0 Likes

mitchgixer6
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 11 of 29

The common denominator here seems to be either the Talk Talk routers or the service itself. This behaviour is most bizarre with Talk Talk dishing out new routers which doesn't seem to be helping many people. Are they buying time to try and cover for a problem with the service that they're not keen to explain......? 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 29

@bob_sparks I see you have posted this comment on a couple of threads. If you are having any issues please start your own topic. I personally use non-TalkTalk DNS servers and I too see these DNS name resolution failures reported in my router log, so I am not sure the two things are connected. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 29

Hi Mikehorne - your issue seems to be common else where . I have similar router stats showing DNS failures and router disconnection going back to Friday of last week and the sudden disconnects are very frustrating. This is not your kit but network/internet issues. TT has a history of poor DNS server issues and recently claimed that they were building a new DNS server but had no in service date. Also with the Queens funeral etc |I suspect that many servers are overloaded and suffering outrages. This might get better on Tuesday when HMQ is laid to rest . Mine seem to have stabilised today with no outages since early this morning.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 29

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and thanks for testing the replacement router. The line test is now detecting a potential external line fault so I've raised this over to Openreach now to complete an external line investigation. We will re-check this again on Monday to see if there are any updates on the fault for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

mikehorne
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 15 of 29

Still dropping out.... even with the new router

Screenshot 2022-09-15 at 19.34.47.png
0 Likes

Message 16 of 29

Hi Mike

How are you getting on, have you received the router?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 17 of 29

Hi Mike

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how the connection compares with the replacement router.

If you are still experiencing this fault then we will need to raise this over to Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 18 of 29

yes that would be a great idea if you could do that.

Message 19 of 29

Hi Mike

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing so we can rule this out?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 29

OK, do you have a different router you can test with?

0 Likes