cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Set top box

Ewan1011
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

My set top box has turned itself off on many occasions over several years, most times it restarts when I hold the button at the front of the box, other times, I’ve had to turn the wall sockets & rooter off for 10-20 seconds before it re boosts, which takes about 5 mins. A few occasions I’ve had to resort to resetting it to factory setting (keeping recording). My question is why does it keep happening, internet dropping out, faulty box faulty rooter, what??? Is it just the TalkTalk box that this happens too or does it happen with BT, PlusNet etc as I’m seriously thinking of changing providers.

Answers/Replies would be appreciated, thanks

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi

the box could now be nearing end of life.

TalkTalk stopped providing these boxes over 3 years ago, so this cannot be replaced.

There is a new TV Hub available, and you may be eligible for that. Give our teams a call and they can look at all offers open to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes