cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Slow speeds

heather_b
Participant
Private Message
Message 35 of 35

I have a Fibre 65 package and am not getting the guaranteed minimum speed of 56. I was on a chat for 80 minutes this morning while they did some diagnostics and was told it had been sorted but it has made no difference whatsoever as I've since done another speed test. I'm not even convinced it has ever reached the guaranteed speed since I took out the contract but have never followed it up. 

It's also nigh on impossible to find a link to live chat on the TalkTalk website. I found it completely by accident this morning but can't find it again.

I left Talktalk in 2020 due to the poor service but thought I'd give you a 2nd chance but I'm starting to wish I hadn't bothered. Will someone please help asap.

Thanks 

0 Likes
34 REPLIES 34

Message 1 of 35

Hi Heather

Thanks for your reply.

I have arranged the engineer visit for 31/05 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

heather_b
Participant
Private Message
Message 2 of 35

Yes please. Next Tuesday morning if possible please. Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 35

Hi Heather

I've checked the connection stats again and the line is in sync at 48.9mb.

The sync speed hasn't increased. Would you like me to arrange the engineer visit?

0 Likes

heather_b
Participant
Private Message
Message 4 of 35

Yes please. Thanks

Message 5 of 35

Hi Heather

Would you like me to check the connection stats again tomorrow (so we have allowed 48hrs) before going ahead and arranging the engineer visit?

0 Likes

heather_b
Participant
Private Message
Message 6 of 35

Hi Debbie. No difference at all. Thanks

Heather

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 35

Hi Heather

Just checking in, how has the connection been since your last post?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 35

Hi heather_b

I have replied to your Private Message and I will check the connection stats/speed again on Friday.

Thanks

heather_b
Participant
Private Message
Message 9 of 35

Just found it thanks. Sorry about that 

0 Likes

heather_b
Participant
Private Message
Message 10 of 35

Hi Debbie. Sorry I've never used PM before. How do I access it? Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 35

Hi heather_b

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the engineer visit.

In regards to potential charges, further information can be found here Engineer charges - TalkTalk Help & Support

0 Likes

heather_b
Participant
Private Message
Message 12 of 35

Yes please. Thanks Michelle,  I presume there's no charge for this?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 35

Morning,

I've re-checked the connection stats and the sync speed has remained consistent but hasn't increased. Would you like to go ahead with an engineer visit to the property and we can confirm some details with you?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 35

I'll re-escalate this for you, @heather_b.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

heather_b
Participant
Private Message
Message 15 of 35

Hi

Can I get an update from you please? 

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 35

Hi

The current profile is set at 48mb.  With the router at the test socket we can see if the profile increases.  this may take up to 72hours to change initially, if this does not increase then we can progress this to Openreach.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 35

Morning,

Thanks for confirming this and we will re-check the connection stats tomorrow to see how the speeds compare.

Thanks

0 Likes

heather_b
Participant
Private Message
Message 18 of 35

Hi. I've received the replacement router this morning thanks and have connected it up using the new yellow cable and microfilter. It's still connected to the test socket.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 35

Hi Heather

A router is on the way.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

heather_b
Participant
Private Message
Message 20 of 35

Yes that's fine thanks 

0 Likes