Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV turns off when connected to the internet (since 14th March) ?

mgzsman
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

At about 7pm on 14th March I turned my TV on. One minute later it turned off and back on again. This cycle now repeats permanently. I was about to phone my TV manufacturer (Toshiba) about a repair but found out that my parents JVC TV is experiencing the same behavior. I assumed a bad TV signal but have since found out that the problem only occurs if my smart TV is connected to the internet. My parents and I are both with TalkTalk but my daughter, who is with Sky, has no problems. Is there any way that TalkTalk are sending something down the line to cause the TV to cycle on/off ?

Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

My friend who is also a TalkTalk customer has a JVC smart TV & has no problems with it at all. What model is your Toshiba or their JVC?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 2 of 5

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. All other devices in the house connect to the internet successfully/normally. Disabling the internet on my TV allows the TV to work correctly (except Youtube, Freeview, etc). I enabled it during the evening of 15th and the TV has worked fine since with connection to all services. Same behavior at my parents home.

I doubt I'll get to the bottom of the problem but my findings so far indicate a TalkTalk issue that I'll never know the answer to. Time to get on with life I think . . . . .

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi

There will be no signal sent that would cause the TV to keep resetting etc. 

Have a look through the TV setting menu and see if there is anything associated with the network connection that could cause the TV to wake or sleep.  

Check the ethernet lead is seated properly and try another port on the router.

Also, do you know the Model of router you and your daughter have ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Do all other devices connect OK to the internet via your router (just in case, which make/model router do you have)?

TalkTalk wouldn't be the cause of this as far as I can tell, has there been any recent updates on the TV? Maybe it is something to do with either the TV or one of the services that it connects to on the internet? I appreciate what you said about your parents' TV. I assume that no other de

To prove for certain, can you get your daughter to bring her TV over to your property to try that over your broadband.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes