cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

System reset due to kernel panic issue

Markrg71
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 30

Hi folks,

So glad I've found this messageboard after lots of head scratching. I have an EchoLife DG8041W Home Gateway router with my contract and have been experiencing an issue where my router reboots suddenly on average of a once or twice a day due to ',AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset. Cause: System reset due to kernel panic'. Is there any chance of a firmware fix? Software version is running as v1.05t. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 30

If you have any WPS devices such as printers etc connected currently, the Eero does not support WPS. However, renaming whatever the Eero's SSID (network name) is, to your normal network name, as suggested by @ferguson will mean that the printer will connect to the Eero without a problem.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 2 of 30

Hi

Glad you found our Community helpful.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 3 of 30

You are a star! I've just been googling more on this. Amazing!! This will be such a timesaver. Thanks so much for this. 

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 30

Glad to help @Markrg71 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 5 of 30

Hi Mark

No problem. Please let us know how your FF connection is when you go live 🙂

Message 6 of 30

@Markrg71 

A tip whenever you get a new router: rename the SSID and change the wireless password to the same as the ones you have already, it makes connecting all those devices so much easier. 

Markrg71
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 30

Much appreciated guys, and thanks also @KeithFrench. No doubt it would be a great change but I've quite a busy Smart home network and as I'm going to FF with the Eero 6 router week after next I can't face reinstalling all those devices then doing it all again after a few days. I can limp through. Thanks both for all the brilliant help and support. 🙂

Message 8 of 30

Hi Mark

Ok no problem. If you do want us to send a router then please let me know.

Thanks 

Debbie

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 30

That won't revert the firmware to V.106 @Markrg71, once restored it will still be using 1.05. The router that @Debbie-TalkTalk is offering is much better than the DG8041W anyway.

Keith

Message 10 of 30

Ah! No don't worry, I do have a back up I can dust off and as I said its only for a couple of weeks so no big problem. Many thanks for letting me know Debbie. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 30

Hi Mark

I'm really sorry about this.

We are no longer using firmware version 1.06. I will need to send you a different make and model of router to resolve this issue. Would you like me to arrange this?

0 Likes

Markrg71
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 30

Repeat of above post as I replied in error.

Hi folks, After a successful software upgrade on my  EchoLife DG8041W Home Gateway router almost a year ago I have been experiening the dreaded dropouts once again. On checking my router I notice it seems to have reverted back to the previous software version (v1.05t) for some reason. Can I request that my router be updated to V1.06 again? I am awaiting a Full Fibre installation in a couple of weeks but in the dropouts are affecting my work so would be much appreciated if this could be done. 

Many thanks in advance.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 30

Hi folks, After a successful software upgrade on my  EchoLife DG8041W Home Gateway router almost a year ago I have been experiening the dreaded dropouts once again. On checking my router I notice it seems to have reverted back to the previous software version (v1.05t) for some reason. Can I request that my router be updated to V1.06 again? I am awaiting a Full Fibre installation in a couple of weeks but in the dropouts are affecting my work so would be much appreciated if this could be done. 

Many thanks in advance. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 30

Hi Mark

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 15 of 30

Hi

so glad our team were able to help.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 30

Hey Debbie, its been absolutely faultless. Working perfectly.

Thank you so much for all your help and great service. 

Message 17 of 30

Hi Mark

How's the connection been over the weekend?

0 Likes

Message 18 of 30

Hi Mark

That's great 🙂

I will check in again with you after the weekend to see how the connection has been.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 19 of 30

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk, just received router yesterday and all seems brilliant now, I'll know for sure over weekend but huge difference already. Thanks to all. 

Message 20 of 30

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes