cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

System reset due to kernel panic issue

Markrg71
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 30

Hi folks,

So glad I've found this messageboard after lots of head scratching. I have an EchoLife DG8041W Home Gateway router with my contract and have been experiencing an issue where my router reboots suddenly on average of a once or twice a day due to ',AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset. Cause: System reset due to kernel panic'. Is there any chance of a firmware fix? Software version is running as v1.05t. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

Message 21 of 30

Will do Debbie. Thank you 🙂

0 Likes

Message 22 of 30

Hi Mark

Thanks for your reply 🙂

The Sagemcom hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

Message 23 of 30

Hi Debbie, no problem. If you could that would be brilliant thank you. 

Message 24 of 30

Hi Mark

We are experiencing some issues with the firmware updates at the moment. Would you like me to send a Sagemcom WIFI hub?

Message 25 of 30

Hi Markrg71

Sorry for the delay.

I'm just waiting on confirmation from our Devices Team to let me know once your router firmware has been updated.

I will post back as soon as they let me know.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 26 of 30

No problem at all @Debbie-TalkTalk, will do and thank you. 

0 Likes

Message 27 of 30

Hi Mark

Sorry for the delay.

I've asked our Devices Team to update your router firmware.

Please can you keep your router powered up and I will post back to confirm once the firmware has been updated.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 28 of 30

Many thanks @KeithFrench, I've already added my details to my profile. Appreciate your help, its not a pressing matter so happy to wait until I'm contacted. Thanks again. 

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 30

Your router needs its firmware upgrading to V1.06 to fix this. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and do this for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?