cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

WIfi calling no longer working on android - FAST 5364 firmware SG4K100202

Message 10 of 10

I haven't had wifi calling on my Samsung S23 since the firmware on the router was upgraded to v202.  I've tried all the usual router reboots to no avail. Is there a way to rollback the upgrade as I live in a very poor mobile signal area and rely on wifi calling.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi

That's excellent - thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 10

Hi,

Thanks for your help. Yes they have rolled back the firmware and I have wifi calling again.  Yes, Whatsapp is working normally.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 10

Hi

Our devices team have confirmed they are going to rollback the firmware shortly.

If you do use Whatsapp, can you confirm if whatsapp calls work as expected.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi

I've got the screenshots here - I've removed the one with the phone number visible.

I'll get these to our devices team now.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Private Message TalkTalk

Message 5 of 10

Hi,   Thanks for your reply.

I have tried calls with mobile data on and off.  The  screenshots requested are attached, there no wifi calling symbol showing during a call, usually near the signal strength icons in the top right.  I am not trying to make calls through whatsapp.wifi calling.jpg

The calls fail with the message "no mobile network available", which isn't a surprise given wifi calling isn't working.  Same issue with inbound calls, eventually I will get a missed call text when the phone finds enough mobile signal to receive and SMS.

I'm on EE.  OneUI is v6.1 ,  Android v14 , Patch Level 1st August 2024.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 10

Hi @Wonderingwhy 

Our device manager has also asked if you can confirm what mobile Network you are using.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 10

Hi

You can also turn off mobile data on your phone and try a test call, then capture a screenshot as below : 

The pic should show the Wi-Fi calling icon.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi

If possible, can you PM a screenshot from the phone when Wi-Fi calling is failing.  You can usually capture a screenshot by pressing the power button and volume down together.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi

What One UI version and android version is the phone ?

Also, are you making calls over mobile date and not using an app such as whatsapp for calls.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes