cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

WiFi turning off

MissLisette87
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 20 of 20

Hi. I recently changed the password on my WiFi router. Since then the WiFi keeps disconnecting on our devices. We have updated the new password on our devices. We have turned the router off and on again. If anyone has any idea on what I can do to fix this I would really appreciate it. Thank You.

S Murphy
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi

Thats great news, thanks for letting me know.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

Hi Karl!

We have had no problems with disconnecting since the new router has been plugged in. Thank You, and Debbie, for all your help ☺️

Sarah

S Murphy
0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Hi

A replacement router is on the way to you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 20

No Debbie I haven't received a new router. Please could you send me one and I will try that 🙂 

S Murphy
0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Hi Sarah

I'm really sorry to hear that the connection is still dropping.

I've completed another line test which hasn't detected any faults (line test is now clear) and connection appears to be stable.

Have we recently sent you a replacement router for testing?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Hi Debbie

Open reach did come out over the weekend but since then the Internet in still disconnecting from our devices every few minutes.  

Sarah

S Murphy
0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

Hi Sarah

Openreach have now closed the fault as resolved. How has the connection been over the weekend?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Hi

No updates from Openreach as yet, the fault is still under their investigation.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Hi Sarah

No problem 🙂

We will also monitor for additional updates from Openreach.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Hi Debbie

Thank You so much for passing the issue on. Hopefully it can be fixed.

Sarah

S Murphy

Message 11 of 20

Hi Sarah

Thanks for confirming this. The voice fault can affect the BB connection, so I have passed this straight over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

We should receive further updates from Openreach within the next 48-72hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Hi Debbie

I plugged a phone into the two landline sockets and neither have a connection. 

Sarah

S Murphy

Message 13 of 20

Hi MissLisette87

Do you still need help with this? Did you manage to test with a handset?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

Hi MissLisette87

Would it be possible to borrow a handset just to check this? If there is a landline fault, then we will need to raise this over to Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

MissLisette87
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 15 of 20

We don't have a phone plugged into the landline. Just the router plugged in.

S Murphy
0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

Hi MissLisette87

Thank you.

I've completed a line test which has detected a potential fault with the landline service, and this can affect the BB connection.

Is your phone line working ok when making calls?

0 Likes

MissLisette87
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 17 of 20

Hello!

I have added my TalkTalk phone number and my mobile number to my profile. 

The light on the router is staying on and white when the Internet disconnects.

Thank You for you help 🙂

S Murphy
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 20

Hi MissLisette87

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 19 of 20

Hi @MissLisette87,

Do you know if the problem is with the router losing its connection to the internet (in which case a light on your router which is normally constantly lit will change colour or flash), or is it that you are losing Wi-Fi connection between your device(s) and your router (in which case the light(s) on the router will just carry on looking normal).

Do you have any ‘wired’ devices, do they also lose connection ?

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include :

• Your name
  • Landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (this is shown in ‘My Account’) OR your account number if you have Full Fibre with no landline
  • An alternative contact number

This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.