Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Terminate my Onetel mailzone account?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi, I've used my Onetel account for many years (pre-Talk Talk!) but recently I've been hacked and would like to terminate the account. How do I go about this? Can I disable the account through the website? OR does it all need doing by talktalk? Any help would be gratefully received.  

Tinga12
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Tinga12,

Are you a current TalkTalk customer? If you are then you may be able to delete the email account in My Account

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Chris and thank you very much for your response. I am a current Talktalk customer and further to your message I've checked my listed email addresses on my account.

Unfortunately, the Onetel email address is not listed so I am unable to terminate it. Of course Onetel is an ancient forerunner to Talktalk.

Surely there must be another way to have it deleted? 

Cheers, 

Tinga12

Tinga12
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Tinga12, we can have it added to your MyAccount as you have one and then you can delete it. In order to do that I need you to add the following information relating to the Onetel account to the Private Notes of your community profile:

Email address affected.

Full Name.

Date of Birth.

Mobile contact number.

Phone number linked to email address

Full postal address email is linked to.

Once you've added that post back to let me know and I'll raise a fault ticket to get this sorted for you.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Chris, all requested details are now on my Private Notes section. Thanks so much for your help. 

Tinga12

Tinga12
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Sorry - I meant Ady not Chris! Obv! 

Tinga12
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Ok, I’ve tried so hard to get this problem sorted out. I’ve made a previous post on this forum; I’ve tried ringing up; I’ve done the online help thing - and spoken to 3 different advisors who advised to email Talktalk directly but I’m no further forward. 

Ive been a Talktalk customer since it was Onetel. I still use my old Onetel email. Problem is, my email account has been hacked.

I NEED TO TERMINATE/DELETE THIS ONETEL EMAIL ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY. 

They've got got into various accounts: Amazon, eBay etc, I’ve already had to cancel all my cards etc. This was no picnic. I’ve spoken to both companies who were great.

However, I have discovered that it isn’t even possible to change the password on the Onetel account, and the account is not linked to Talktalk any more so I can’t remove the email account. 

In short, the hacker has had full access to my emails. They are being read on a regular basis and it’s got me extremely stressed and worried. 

All i I want to do is terminate the account altogether. I do not care about any of my emails anymore. I JUST WANT IT TERMINATED

CAN ANYONE FROM TALKTALK PLEASE HELP ME? 

Tinga12
Highlighted
Community Star

You are already getting support for this in another topic, wait for a further response from the OCE on there:  https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email-Webmail/Terminate-my-Onetel-mailzone-account/m-p/2132493

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Ferguson and thank you for your swift reply. 

Ive not heard anything since Thursday and my email is still being hacked. eBay yesterday. Surely it’s a problem which can be resolved quickly? Other companies concerned closed the accounts with immediate effect.  

Thanks again,

Tinga12
Highlighted
Community Star

The forums do not offer real-time support and the team aren't online at weekends. If you have provided the personal details required then this will hopefully get sorted in the early part of next week. To avoid any further confusion I have merged this with your earlier topic.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Tinga12, I'm afraid we can't delete these orphaned accounts. We can however reset the password to take it out of the hands of the hacker. You'll get a call later today with the new password.