cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

And it is back - authentication failing for Outlook and Android clients... AGAIN

georgeh2011
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 28

So much for the last occurance of this, barely a week ago, being due to "being migrated to the new mail platform".

Same old same oldSame old same old

Why does this problem keep coming back again, and again, and again, and again, and again with TalkTaklk?

This is your, what THIRD, mail platform and yet ALL have had this issue.

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 1 of 28

That's great news rautospoon, thanks for letting us know

Chris

0 Likes

rautospoon
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 28

Just this minute, email now working ok. Thanks.

0 Likes

rautospoon
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 28

As I am still getting the "syncronizing subscribed folders" error message (on Outlook / Tiscali) as shown on the original post, please can you raise this issue again ? Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 28

Hi George,

Thanks - I have lost touch with this as terrible things have happened losing family members so tend to get depressed when talktalk keep stopping things working - last time I had a major problem with a device downloading it was because the outlook on it was 2010 or something so as advised because it was so old and not supported  i bought outlook 2019 i think it was for that device and set up to the settings advised by this team - works fine unless talktalk itself goes wrong like today again, i also followed advice to have thunderbird as a back up but not overly keen on that but for a free email service i was thankful of the advice from the guys on here and do use it occasionally on apple devices etc - i dont want all my emails being left on talktalk cloud servers that is a massive security risk talktalk have been hacked in the past like other providers and will be in the future too no cloud (or security protections eg macfee symantec and all the others) are totally safe - i will keep downloading seperately to my outlook folders nothing is safer than having your own strong security and IT that you can disconnect anytime you want from the www nothing can hack through to disconnected devices behind closed doors and solid walls - totally get people may like to have all their stuff easily accessible from any device but that isnt for me and many others who have worked in IT including IT security - remember if it is easier for you to access it is also easier for the criminals to access too

keep well and all the best

dazza

0 Likes

rautospoon
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 28

Hi. Issue is not resolved as the problem continues on my Tiscali / Outlook emails.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 28

OK, thanks for letting us know

Chris

0 Likes

TominLondon
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 7 of 28

Seems to be working now with Thunderbird (Mac desktop)

From Tom: a Mac user since 1995
0 Likes

georgeh2011
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 28

So what was the issue? In some detail please....

Message 9 of 28

We've received confirmation that the issue has been resolved, but the email platform provider has advised the service might be slower than normal due to high volume of requests. They are continuing to monitor.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 28

Hi Dazza,

Would I be correct in thinking you are still using POP/SMTP rather than IMAP/SMTP?

I used to stick with that, but there are distinct advantages to IMAP if you are using multiple devices - they all have the show all of your email.

Having the security of your emails on your PC/Mac's hard drive is comforting (as is the case with POP) but you can't use multiple devices with it.

The big caveat with IMAP is that all of your emails are kept on TalkTalk's servers, so you really should back them up regularly. Easy to do with most email clients such as Outlook. With Outlook I regularly export my ENTIRE TalkTalk mailbox to a PST file which I then store locally (actually on one of my RAID NAS boxes) so that if TalkTalk really screw up and lose them all, I have a copy.

0 Likes

AndyUK
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 28

Had a bunch of emails from both my lineone and tiscali addresses via Thunderbird a few minutes ago.  Time will tell if it's properly fixed now.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 28

hi Chris mine isnt working either obvious talktalk problem again - i need to download my emails to my outlook i am not interested one bit in webmail

thanks dazza

0 Likes

Message 13 of 28

sadly i also again cannot download any emails to my outlook which is my preferred choice of viewing / storing my emails - i hope this has nothing to do with the new so called changes / features to email in talktalks cloud service - i do not want all my emails accessible from anywhere and in one place that is a massive security risk - when will i be able to download my emails to outlook again the whole lot has gone wrong even my email plus service for tinyonline tiscali email accounts not just talktalk emails and there is nothing wrong with my credentials this is a talktalk problem again

thanks

0 Likes

georgeh2011
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 28

Just had a bunch of emails come through on one PC then, after restarting Outlook, on one of the other PCs.

Then back to ye olde password diaglogue box.

Meanwhile my Android phone - which uses BlueMail rather than Outlook because every time this happens with TalkTalk (which is WAY WAY too often)  it screws Outlook for Android up completely - it still saying "Sync Failed". And that is after restarting my phone.

So sorry.... No I'm not sorry, what I am is really hacked off - but it is NOT FIXED AT ALL!!!!#

Try harder - much, much harder!

Message 15 of 28

Me too, I can access webmail now (it was timing out earlier). Unable to get Tiscali or UKgateway emails on phone or laptop (Mail for windows). Various messages about passwords, permission to sync and "multiple" errors! Did briefly connect a couple of times but then back to failures. Just received a few emails on lap top for  one account but still continually "checking for mail" on phone. 

Margaret Pringle
0 Likes

TominLondon
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 16 of 28

Same here. Thunderbird is NOT fixed.

From Tom: a Mac user since 1995
0 Likes

georgeh2011
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 28

What a total lie:

Lie!Lie!

It is NOT FIXED AT ALL

davidl1
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 28

Same here on all platforms 

David
0 Likes

davidl1
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 28

The service status says no problems, but I still have problems but they are intermittent 

David
0 Likes

AndyUK
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 28

Status page now showing no issues with email but the problem persists for me trying to get mail from my lineone and tiscali addresses via Thunderbird.

0 Likes