cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

And it is back - authentication failing for Outlook and Android clients... AGAIN

georgeh2011
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 28

So much for the last occurance of this, barely a week ago, being due to "being migrated to the new mail platform".

Same old same oldSame old same old

Why does this problem keep coming back again, and again, and again, and again, and again with TalkTaklk?

This is your, what THIRD, mail platform and yet ALL have had this issue.

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

georgeh2011
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 28

I think the problem is wider that just email clients.

I occasionally get the odd email through on ONE PC. The other PCs aren't able to get a connection to TalkTalk mail servers to get any since 03:14 this morning.

Worse, there are emails I KNOW I have been sent - they are automatic UPS (uninterruptible power supplies) system notifications. Those are sent to TWO email addresses - my work one (on Microsoft 365) and my TalkTalk email.

I've received ONE out of four sent to my TalkTalk email address - and that is also the case checking in Webmail!!

So it is not receiving emails from external email servers either.

0 Likes

TominLondon
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 22 of 28

I am having a similar issue with Thunderbird (Mac desktop)- not receiving and not sending. Webmail seems OK

From Tom: a Mac user since 1995
0 Likes

georgeh2011
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 28

On the performance over the past week since mine was allegedly "migrated" - it is every bit as bad as the old platform as far as the ever re-occurring authenticatio problems.

0 Likes

georgeh2011
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 28

It briefly did - then failed again.

But then it has been doing that - working once out of umpteen attempts - all morning. And that is across 3 PCs and my Android phone (which uses a non-Outlook client for TalkTalk).

So NO it has  NOT been fixed.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 28

Hi georgeh2011,

Can you please retest and let us know if it is now working

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

georgeh2011
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 28

This shouldn't keep happening with TalkTalk.... But it does.

I've been with TalkTalk 12+ years and this has ALWAYS kept happening. It is the ONLY email provider, of the several I use, where this keeps happening.

TalkTalk seriously need to invest in sorting out the problem with the authentication infrastructure that keeps failing instead of pouring it into pointless webmail "facelifts".

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 27 of 28

Hi

I'm sorry for the disruption of your email service.  This is under investigation by our Teams and further updates can be found on our status page.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes