email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked E-Mails

john1glad
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

TalkTalk have (it seems) for some time blocked e-mails from a legit Virgin Money account to my TalkTalk e-mail.  I have never requested this and not had problems with other accounts.  Please advise

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi john1glad, Gondola will guide you through this and if necessary will let me know if you need more help. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi john1glad 

It would be good to check you don't have anything set up in your mail box that might block or redirect the wanted mail messages. Also, bear in mind that even if all seems ok that there may have been a past issue that's caused the sender to suppress sending you mail. But first let's get everything set up for TalkTalk Support.

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile, Personal Information (here):

• Your name, current home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add your email address and that of the sender that appears to be blocked, notes and references etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Check  Spam and  Trash folders for mail messages that may have been diverted from the Inbox.

Compose and send yourself, to the same mailbox address as you just signed in to, a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox. Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

• Select the Main Settings menu icon      triple line icon, top right header bar
    (Mobile browser? you'll need to select the desktop version)
  • Select the Settings menu item
  • Select the inward facing arrowhead by Mail or Email in the left side bar
  • Select Filter Rules
  • Select the Delete (dustbin icon) to the right of any entry that you don't expect to be there
    Confirm the deletion

Let us know of any error message, or if mail did not arrive in the Inbox or disappeared from the Inbox. Collecting mail messages with a POP3 mail account or mail collection service, like Gmail, may be deleting messages from the online Inbox.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution