Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Connection dead (Talktalk end) happens every year

13 REPLIES 13
dopeytree
Chat Champion

we seem to get this every year or so the connection bit at talktalk goes wrong. We have the broadband light in green and a working phone line (takes & recives calls) but no fibre.

Does this happen when they're fiddling in the exchanges or something.

Talktalk have said an engineer will be sent out within 3 days to check the service. However we have vunerable old people livign with us and need connectivity. Also we run an airbnb & several businesses.

As a big techie... the same thing keeps happening I would like to understand the cause rather than just know its 'fixed' any ideas?

Other than loosing the connection for a few days a year talktalk are great and the fibre is great value! We are on the top package.

Community Team

Hi dopeytree 

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can see that this fault has been passed to BT Openreach and is under investigation with an engineer. We should receive further updates within the next 48hrs. 

We can only confirm what caused the fault once the fault has been resolved and the engineer has updated their notes.

Thanks

Debbie

dopeytree
Chat Champion

Ok brill.. are you able to see what the fault was last time? Just out of curiosity? Many Thanks

Community Team

Hi dopeytree 

I'm just checking with our Network Team for the engineers notes for the last fault that was raised and resolved. I will let you know as soon as I receive this information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi dopeytree 

Do you know when it was when you last experienced this fault? (month)

Thanks

Debbie

dopeytree
Chat Champion

I think it was happened in July sometime this summer

dopeytree
Chat Champion

Juts got a text saying the service has been fixed.. but still same with red light on the internet after a router reset...

dopeytree
Chat Champion
Network – P3 – Openreach Fibre break at Glastonbury exchange. Multiple customers are experiencing a loss of their FTTC service. The estimated resolution date is currently unknown.

So does this affect normal internet too? Can't there be a fall back option to go onto the normal copper wires if the fibre hardware fails...
Community Team

Hi dopeytree 

This is now showing as an issue at the exchange and the engineers are working to resolve this fault.

I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi dopeytree 

BT Openreach previously advised that work was completed between the pole (drop cable) and the cabinet.

The current fault is still with BT Openreach but appears to be an exchange fault.

Thanks

Debbie

dopeytree
Chat Champion

Brill thanks for the details debbie much appreciated

Community Team

Hi dopeytree 

No problem. Hopefully BT Openreach can resolve this fault ASAP.

Thanks

Debbie

dopeytree
Chat Champion

All fixed came back online around 3/4pm this afternoon

Community Team

Hi dopeytree,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks