cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster fibre speed

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Good morning Michelle ive got that bit figured out about how to do it,its just the copy and paste bit that im having trouble with.

Patrick
Baker boy
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Patrick

Our Network Team have advised that the sync speed is within the predicted range but they can see high errors on the line.

If all testing has been completed at the test socket with a different router then we will need to confirm possible engineer charges and pass this fault back to BT Openreach for investigation. Please can you provide availability for this visit?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Thank you for the reply Debbie. I've got the ping thing to do today. After that we will see what happens then. Personally I'm not willing to pay a single penny,seems strange to me though that this as only occurred in the last couple of months

Patrick
Baker boy
Highlighted

Hi Patrick

Thanks for your reply.

If the fault is with BT maintained equipment then no charges should be applied.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Hello Debbie managed to sort out the ping and routetrace eventually lol. Had a follow up call from your Manchester technical office . He claims that we have got a fault on a copper cable joint,so engineer booked for tomorrow between 8am and 1pm. Will post how we get on

Patrick
Baker boy
Highlighted

Hi Patrick

Thanks for keeping us updated. Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Hello DEbbie,
Things was running brilliant until yesterday. We had been experiencing 20 Mbps download. All of a sudden yesterday and today we are now running back to 8 Mbps. Nothing seems to be improving at all

Best wishes

Patrick
Baker boy
Highlighted

Hi Patrick

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line test is detecting a possible fault. Did the last engineer complete work on the line?

Is your landline service working ok when making calls?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Hiya Debbie, I bet your fed up of me . He fitted a new master socket inside our property and also went to a big green box up the road and found an issue there as well. It's just baffling why it's run okay for about a week or so and then it's gone slow again

Regards

Patrick
Baker boy
Highlighted

Hi Patrick

Not at all, I'm really sorry that this fault has returned.

Could you test the router at the test socket so we can run another line test? Is the landline service working ok at the moment?

I can then escalate this fault back over to our Network Team.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Everything with the router looks spot on,all lights are on. Just rung my friend and the phone line is okay

Patrick
Baker boy
Highlighted

Hi Patrick

Thanks for your reply.

I've escalated this fault back over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Good morning Debbie,thank you for the update this morning. Just done a speed test and we are currently getting 7.8 Mbps download and 1.4 Mbps upload

Many thanks

Patrick
Baker boy
Highlighted

Hi Patrick

Apologies for this.

I will post back shortly with an update from our Network Team.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi Patrick

We will need to arrange another BT Openreach engineer visit.

Please can you confirm possible engineer charges and provide your availability for this visit AM and PM?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Hello Debbie the only time we aren't available is Wednesday PM. So any other time is fine. And yes to costs . Just done a speed test and we are now running at a fantastic speed of 2.1 Mbps download and 1.4 Mbps upload

Patrick
Baker boy

Hi Patrick

Thanks for your reply.

I will post back shortly to confirm the date and time of this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Thank you Debbie

Patrick
Baker boy
Highlighted

Hi Patrick

The engineer visit has been arranged for 03/04/2019 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Good morning Debbie,couldn you sleep this morning 🙂 . Thank you'd for the update and will definitely let you know what we get to know

Patrick
Baker boy