Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre Speed Boost not giving minimum speed promised

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi PAH76

Please can you reply to the Private Message I have sent, we can then arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

I replied as soon as you sent it. Have resent my reply.

Highlighted

Hi PAH76

Apologies, I have not received this Private Message. Are you replying to the Private Message directly on the Community?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

No, I'm replying to your email

Highlighted
Team Player

Have just found the PM part of the community and replied.

Highlighted

Hi PAH76,

Sorry about this but I can't find the PM so I've sent another PM to you, can you reply by PM with the answers to the questions 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Reply just sent via PM

Highlighted

Hi PAH76,

I've replied to your PM requesting a bit more information 

Chris

Highlighted

Hi PAH76,

Thanks for the PM

Line test is now showing a potential fault so I've raised this to Openreach as a non-appointed task. If you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread on Friday and we'll check for updates 

thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

I've heard nothing yet Chris. Throughput speed is 43.7mbps today, so still below the "guaranteed minimum", but close!

Highlighted

Hi PAH76, the fault is still in the hands of OpenReach. Hopefully, they'll update the ticket over the next day or two.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player

Openreach engineer came today. Line test showed no problems, but the SNR was set lower than the normal 6dB figure. When he reset it to 6dB, throughput speed is now showing as 52mbps.

Problem solved.

Is it not possible for Talktalk to see these figures and make the necessary changes? Seems an unnecessary expensive to send an engineer.

Anyway, I'm happy withe the result. Thanks for helping resolve the issue. I was getting nowhere with the normal Talktalk support people.

Highlighted

Hi

Glad the engineer has been able to resolve this for you,

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had exactly the same promises and frustrations. Test after test  and promise of another test which would take 20 minutes and I would lose my broadband connection for that length of time.That was 5 hours ago and nothing has happened. I applied for faster fibre on Feb 3, heard nothing for 10 days and my broadband speed never changed. To cap it all, on asking for help and explanations, I received info on the chat line that if "nothing improved in 30 days I could cancel my contract without penalty" That suggests, to me, an attitude of, we can do nothing more so clear off if you like. Appalling service from a company I've been with since Tiscali, my original broadband supplier, was taken over by TalkTalk. 

Highlighted

Hi pilgrim6,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own thread and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Back to square 1! Engineer came and resolved speed issue on 14th Feb. For the last few days my speed has not been above 40mbps. It was over 50 mbps when engineer left here. Guaranteed minimum is 44.6mbps and it has been proven that my line is capable of delivering this.

What has been changed to create this reduction?

Highlighted

Hi PAH76

I've checked the connection stats and your line is in sync at 42.1mb. Has the router recently been rebooted or dropped connection in the last couple of days?

Did the engineer make any changes to your set up when they attended?

It appears that interference is being detected on the line and DLM has been changing the profile over the last week.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Debbie, the router hasn't been rebooted at all. it is on 24x7. The engineer didn't change anything at all. He tested the line, which was pretty much perfect. The only thing he did was change the SRN? to 6db, since it was set lower than that, and the throughput speed increased to over 50mbps after that - even high 50s at some times. It now appears to be in the same state as before his visit.

Highlighted

Hi PAH76

I think the interference detected on the line is resulting in DLM changing the profile and reducing the speed.

Is the router located near to any devices that could be causing this interference? We can raise this back to Openreach who may reset DLM again but we can't guarantee that the speed will remain or start to drop again (if the engineer is unable to detect any faults on the line)

Thanks

Debbie

Team Player

Router is near a TV. Could that be it?