Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre Speed Boost upgrade

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Jacktags
First Timer

Hi TALK TALK

After receiving the recent promotion, I recently upgraded to the faster fibre plan.

"We’ve looked at your fibre package, and you could be getting an even faster connection.

With the Fibre Speed Boost, your connection can handle more devices using the internet at once. You’d get expected speeds between 63Mb/s and 80Mb/s compared to the 40Mb/s you get now – and you’d enjoy faster downloading and streaming."

So, can someone at TalkTalk explain why for the last month my speed has not improved before I take this observation to my preferred forum (currently 5million views a month)??

PS. Wired connection, no peripherals, 1 phone.

Warm regards

Jacktags

Warm regards Jacktags
Highlighted
KeithFrench
Community Star

It is all going to depend on what your router's actual & maximum downstream line rates are.

To help diagnose this issue, please can you log on to your router, by opening a web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox & Google Chrome etc) and then enter this address in the address bar:-

http://192.168.1.1

enter the credentials:-

username: admin
password: admin        (unless you have set your own password).

If you use the HG633 & DSL-3782 or the TalkTalk Wi-Fi hub, they have their own unique password, which can be found at the top of the label on the rear of the router. It is the one labelled "router" or "admin" password, not the wireless one.

Then go to your ADSL or DSL summary page & paste the stats in this thread.

On the HG633 this is at:-

Maintain > System Information & expand Broadband Information

On the DSL-3782 go to the home page & copy the stats from the DSL & IPv4 pages.

If you have the new TalkTalk Wi-Fi hub this can be seen via:-

Dashboard > See internet settings > Manage Advanced settings > TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub

Click on the General tab then scroll down to the page to the xDSL section & copy & paste them into your reply.

Please can you also include your latest wired speed test results?

Please can you paste the results here?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Jacktags
First Timer

Thanks Keith

As requested.

xDSL.jpgspeed.jpg

Warm regards Jacktags
Highlighted
dgsection
Team Player

Seems as if you are still on the 40MB package, your maximum is 62, so you should be getting 60MB down and essentially 18MB up.

This needs a TT moderator to resolve, so wait till Monday and they will pick it up and sort it for you.

Please do not go posting negative regarding TT until they have had a chance to rectify it, also, you may just need to power cycle your router to get the speed boost, turn off the router for at least 30 minutes and then power it back on - you may/should get the boost then 🙂

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi @Jacktags

I will look into this for you and get back to you. 

Regards

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi @Jacktags

The speed boost was not applied, I have requested it to be added today, your speed should increase at some time today.

Regards