Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre connection issues

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi @OCE_Michelle

When i first signed up over a year ago, i was getting similar upload speed around 5-6mbps, but its been like this upload speed for a while now. Connection Is all nice and stable still, router been up been up for 6 days now so don't look like DLM will do anything.

Craig

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Craig,

Unfortunately we can't manually adjust the upload speed as this is managed by DLM. Do you have a different microfilter that you can test with? Is the overall performance of the connection ok?

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Yes i've got another micro filter, i'll it change see how it goes. Got another issue again started tonight. Downloaded a new game i paid for on game console tonight, when it first started, the speed was normal, then half way in middle of downloading it, the speed of it was going slow, i could tell because the transfer rate dropped to around 1mbps. So done a wired speed test on my Computer/PC, to check and it was bk to around to 1mbps or just under, the speed test took ages to complete, plus the ping went up to 1000 odd, so this is not right at all.

As im writing this, its still the same, cant do nothing again now, bk to what it was before, really slow, with really high ping of 1000 odd, so i cant do no gaming tonight now. Before this, i thought everything  was sorted whatever u done, speeds was normal since you sorted it. But since downloading this game, its gone bk the same again. Im hoping i dont have this problem again, and it dont take a while to sort out again, cause ive had enough now. Thanks

Craig

Speed Test just after it started around 9pm, so bad, it couldn't even comlpete the upload speed properly

SpeedTest (Evening)SpeedTest (Evening)

EDIT

I just done another speedtest just after i posted this, and it looks to gone bk up to normal again the speeds, only after i stopped the download, so looks like having the slow speed when i was in middle downloading the game.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Craig,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Could I just confirm, are the speeds now back to normal again today? If it does drop again tonight then please let me know and I'll pass this straight back to our Network Team. I also ran a quick line test just to check if the connection stats look ok, which they do.

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Yeah, the speeds are back to normal now, ill check on it tonight. it only happened for around a hour when i started downloading something, then went back to normal, Thanks

Craig

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Craig

Ok, thank you. Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi, it been pretty stable past 10 days, but since yesterday, it got disconnected last night for first time in over a week, then tonight it's disconnected twice in past hour, is there anything wrong. Nothings changed my end. Looks to be a little unstable past 2 days, disconnected 3 times so far. Craig

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Craig,

I've just checked the connection stats now and I can see quite a few re-connections on the line. Is their any noise on the voice service?

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi Michelle

No the voice is all fine, it disconnected around 5 times total last night, looks like to be in the evening again. I asked my relative if she having issues, and hers was the same as mine, so must be talktalk issue, or problem in exchange. I'm writing this, just after it got disconnected again tonight, in evening. Looks like exchange having problems in the evening, prob when more people on. Everything ok in day, having problems again in evening. Thanks

Craig

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Craig,

Ok, just before I ask our Network Team to take another look, is the speed also low of an evening or is it just the stability now?

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi michelle, no speed seems stable still in evening. it was better last night, only disconnected the once, i thought it to do few times again like the previous night, but only once it lost connection. So the stability was better last night. Previous night disconnected about 5 times, and last night only once. We'll see what it does in the evening later. Thanks

Craig

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Craig,

Ok thanks for confirming this and I'll check back in with you in the morning to see how tonight goes.

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi Michelle

Update. Twice it got disconnected tonight so far, both in the evening again, first time around 8pm, and second around 9.30pm. I know cause I was playing on PS4, and connection dropped. Really irritating got to say, cause in middle playing something important, and connection just drops like that, and lose certain progress. Craig

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Craig,

I've just run a few different line test and they are both clear. Can I just confirm, have you recently tested at the test socket with an alternative router as the next step would be to arrange an engineer visit to the property?

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Yeah, it's still connected into the test socket. I don't want to connect other router, cause I was having more problems with that, the speed with the router currently connected, it's more stable. Everything is good in the day, it's only the evenings I get disconnected a few times, do can't see it being router. It seems like more people connected to the network in evening, can't can't cope, and seems to have problems. I'll monitor it over the weekend, and reply bk on Monday

Craig

Highlighted
Community Team

Ok Craig and please let us know how the stability compares over the weekend.

Thanks