cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Internet Down (Online Chat advisers wasting time)

20 REPLIES 20
ruzbeh
Team Player

Router's internet light is red, despite the green broadband light. Phone line working fine but no internet. Restarted the router several times with no solution. Any idea what could be the issue?

Wasted two hours with two chat advisors. They just don't understand the problem. Asking repeatedly the same question after while. Are these chat bots? Really disappointing.

Community Team

Hi ruzbeh,

Please can you update your forum profile to include your telephone number so that we can look into this further. To do this go into "my settings" then "personal information" then add your details.

Please do not post any personal information on the forum.

Thanks

ruzbeh
Team Player
Done that. Thanks.

Still no internet. 😞
Community Team

Hi ruzbeh,

Thanks for completing your profile

When did you start experiencing problems? Can you dial 17070 from your landline telephone and confirm that the number read back to you is your telephone number

Thanks
Chris

ruzbeh
Team Player
Since yesterday, the problem occurred. Last morning before I left for work, it was working. When I returned home the internet light was red.

I am at work now, but can do that once I am home. Thanks.
Community Team

OK thanks, please let us know how you get on with 17070

Chris

ruzbeh
Team Player
Very strange. Dialling 17070 is giving me a different phone number than the one I have been using for the past 1.5 yrs. What to do please advise? Still no internet. How did the number change? 😞
ruzbeh
Team Player

I have called the tech support and explained them the problem. Lines have crossed. The advisor said she has booked an appointment with BT engineer as they messed up somewhere. I don't need to be at home and will be solved within 3 working days as it is a problem in the exchange box.

After that received the following text

We need to send an engineer to your home to resolve your service issue. To book, please call us on 0345 172 0050 within the next 3 days.

Called again, this time another advisor saying that appointment was rejected. I told her again it is a line crossing problem. She insisted over and over again that an engineer needs to come in. Booked appointment for tomorrow,  but I need to be home! 

I am really confused! Is this BT engineer?

Community Team

Hi ruzbeh,

Apologies for any confusion, I'm asking for clarification from our network team, I'll let you know when I receive an update

thanks

Chris

ruzbeh
Team Player
Thanks. I am now at home waiting for the engineer's visit (1pm to 6pm). ( had to come early from work!)
Community Team

Have you heard anything yet from the engineer, they usually ring ahead? I've not received an update yet from our network team, I'll let you know when I do

Thanks

Chris

ruzbeh
Team Player

Nothing from the engineer, yet.

Community Team

OK, thanks, if I hear anything back from our network team I'll let you know

Community Team

Hi ruzbeh,

I'm really sorry about this but it looks as though this engineer visit has been cancelled again. Our network team have said that it was booked as a non-appointed visit with Openreach, they then asked for an appointed visit but it timed out and was cancelled.  If you'd like us to rearrange the visit we can do that for you, just need to confirm some details with you and access times - apologies again for any inconvenience

Chris

ruzbeh
Team Player

This is ridiculous and unacceptable! 

Why didn't talktalk inform me that the appointment was cancelled? I had to leave early from my work to be at home! I can't do that everyday. It's been now 3 days without internet, relying on mobile internet (that is also talk talk mobile). 

I have been with talktalk for the last 5 years. Never had an issue like this. I am really disappointed! The quality of service is declining.

ruzbeh
Team Player

I would like to lodge a complaint against the tech advisor who made the booking last night! Wasted my day!

No appointment means no internet for the weekend as well! Really frustrating!

Community Team

Hi ruzbeh,

I'm really sorry to hear this. We can arrange the engineer visit via the Community, we just need to confirm some information first so I've sent you  Personal Message.

Please do not post any personal information on the Community, reply via Personal Message (PM) only.

Thanks

ruzbeh
Team Player
An engineer is supposed to visit today between 1 and 6pm. The appointment was booked last Friday. I was assured that the appointment was valid. So, currently waiting to see when the engineer turns up!
Community Team

Hi ruzbeh,

I'm sorry for the delay. Has the engineer been?

Thanks

ruzbeh
Team Player

The engineer has fixed it. It was an easy fix for them as someone unplugged my phone line's jumper and put a wrong one in the exchange box. It is sorted now. Thanks for the support.