cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New fibre customer not recieving "guaranteed speeds" !

42 REPLIES 42
Highlighted
Team Player

I am now on day 16 since my go live date. My guaranteed speeds are 67.8 mbs - 72 mbs.

I have gone through the check list twice and the maximum speed I recieve via ethernet cable is 32 mbs, which was the same through the test socket.

I contacted talk talk live chat to get some help and was met with a very rude impatient adviser who tried everything not to help and to be rude. He finalised by saying that the line is being "monitored" for 24 hours and if there is no improvement then contact you.

I am blown away by how a company treats there new customers, I feel like I should have gone with another company!

There is no improvement and I am starting to feel like I have been lied too. Can someone please help before I cancel on the basis of not recieving the service I am paying for!

Guaranteed speeds are 67.8-72mbs I am recieving the maximum as a wired connection of 32 mbs or the maximum wirelessly is 25 mbs, plus paying the extra for a speed boost!

Many thanks 

Francesca

Harley b
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @H2theb your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon.Please can you power down the router for a full 30 minutes and then run a speed test following this?

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @Divsec Thank you for your speedy response!

I have just reconnected the router and unfortunatley the speeds are the same:

Wired 32.34 mbs

Wireless 25.4 mbs

But these can go as low as 4 mbs!

Harley b
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @H2theb thanks for getting back, the team will pick up during the day, I will go a bit silent now as new posts on a thread push it to the wrong end of the workflow 😩

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Francesca,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. Does your master socket have a test socket? If it does then would it be possible to connect a microfilter and router at the test socket for at least 48hrs so we can see if DLM makes any changes to the speed.

Is your connection unstable or have you been rebooting the router as this can also affect the speed?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Michelle 

I hope you are well and thank you for getting back to me.

I have connected the router to the test socket and shall leave it there as requested. 

I have had to reboot the router over the last couple of days as instructed by your adviser. But this did not seem to effect the speed, faster or slower.

The connection does seem to fluctuate a lot more than any other provider I have been with. If im really honest this is the worst connection I have ever had and the the lowest below the "guaranteed" speeds from any provider I have had!

I really hope we can find a resolution by Monday pm at the latest, as this would have been nearly a month that I have been paying for a service that you are not providing, including extra for a speed boost! (which for anyone reading does not work, so dont waste your money).

Can I please ask what is the process after the router has been connected to the test socket for 48 hours?

Many thanks,

Harley b
Highlighted

Hi H2theb,

Thanks for connecting your router to the test socket. Your line profile isn't restricting your speed so as the speed hasn't improved since you connected your router to the test socket I don't think it's likely to over the weekend. 

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service? Any noise on the line?

Do you have another router you can test with?

(the next step will be to test with second router and if this doesn't resolve the issue then it will be an engineer visit)

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Hello Chris,

My phone service seems fine, no unusual noise on the line and can recieve and make calls.

Unfortunatley I dont have another router to try? 

As you said, the chances that the speeds will improve over the weekend are slim so can we please make an appointment for an engineer now?

Many thanks

Harley b
Highlighted

I think we should rule out the router a potential source of the issue. Would you like me to send one to test with?

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Chris 

Yes please mate, if you think it could solve our problem.

Many thanks

Harley b
Highlighted

Hi H2theb,

Iv'e ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of working days 

Thanks
Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Cheers @OCE_Chris!

Is it best to leave the current router connected to the test socket?

Harley b
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Chris  @OCE_Michelle  @Divsec 

Thank you for getting the new router out so quick! 

Unfortunatley the speeds are the same as before!?! 30-33 mbs wired and 20-25.6mbs wirelessly.

This seems absurd as you guaranteed 67mbs? Can anyone explain this?

I want to know how long I have left to cancel?  This has been the worse experience I have ever had as a customer! To this day I still have not spoken directly to a person!

Harley b
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Chris 

As the new router did not seem to resolve anything, can we please make an appointment for an engineer to come as soon as possible please?

It has now been longer than 48 hours that I have been waiting for a reply to my last message. 

Harley b
Highlighted

Hi,

I'm really sorry for the delay. Can I just confirm how long the replacement router has been connected for as it can take up to 48hrs for DLM to start making changes to the speed if the connection remains stable?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Michelle 

No it was not plugged in for 48 hours as no one said to leave the new router plugged in for 48 hours! Maybe if someone replied sooner than 72hours after recieving the new router and asking that exact question, it would have been!

I will plug it in and leave it for 48 hours but I am so frustrated with the lack of any sort of customer service and the awful products, that if the speeds have not improved by Thursday 24th September 8:30 am I will want to cancel the entire contract under the fact of being mis-sold too! Your company lie to prospective customers to take their money. TalkTalk is simply the worst and most dishonest company I have ever dealt with.

Please confirm sooner than 72 hours that you have recieved this message please?

Harley b
Highlighted
Team Player

'I really hope we can find a resolution by Monday pm at the latest, as this would have been nearly a month that I have been paying for a service that you are not providing, including extra for a speed boost!'

You and many others, unfortunately Ofcom’s Fairness for customers has no teeth and still allows broadband providers to quote pie in the sky speeds that you 'might' get, they now have to state a guaranteed minimum speed, unfortunately this is the the only speed most people get.  The provider makes no checks to see what actual speed you will get before they've got you hooked on a contract and your money in the bank, broadband providers have always been charlatans and with no real regulation this will continue.

Highlighted

Hi H2theb

Apologies for this.

We will check the connection stats again on Thursday afternoon to see if DLM has made any changes to the line profile/speed.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi H2theb

I've checked the connection stats and your line is in sync at 27.1mb.

There are re connections showing on the line, has the connection been dropping?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Debbie 

Yep when I woke up this morning the youview box was not working as there was no connecrion through the ethernet cable. Then around 12 we lost all connection to the internet, got a flashing amber light then it seemed to reconnect itself.

27 mbs is a considerable amount slower than the guaranteed speed of 67mbs, and can barely handle 2 devices streaming hd without buffering. 

It is nearly 30 days since my live date and there has been no help except reconnecting different routers and leaving them for 48 hours, which has done nothing to speed up my connection. I have not spoken to a single person on the phone and have had 4 live chat agents tell me to do the same thing over and over.

If the speed has not improved by the 29th september I am making a complaint to ofcom, sending you back your equipment and cancelling the direct debit. 

Harley b