Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No broadband service for over 12 hrs

3 REPLIES 3
paul2louise
Popular Poster

I got home yesterday lunchtime to find out that my talktalk broadband was dead. I reported straight away. It was working this morning. I spoke to them this morning and they said .

Thanks you for the very kind patience. I would like to advise you that the systems were being upgraded to provide the best possible service around the area.
Network – P3 - Openreach LAN – Arkwright exchange – Some customers are experiencing Total Loss of Service.

So I asked them if I would receive any refund or compensation and they offered me £2.13

Does this seem reasonable for loss is service for over 12 hours.
Thanks

Community Team

Hi

The outage is still ongoing.  Has your internet returned ?  Are your phone services affected.

Remember, for a Total loss of services, no compensation can be calculated until full service is restored, and auto compensation would then be applied by the system.

Thanks

Karl. 

paul2louise
Popular Poster

Service has resumed. So I presume this £2.13 is the auto compensation. It's not very good though when it can affect so many things. If these things were made aware and you are notified then you could probably make allowances. But when I can't get my work done because my internet isn't working it's not great to be offered £2.13 as a gesture. 

Community Team

Hi

I'm glad to hear that service has returned.  

With an outage, it's impossible to give notification as this is often something we are not expecting.  Faults can occur at any time, and can be difficult to predict.

Thanks

Karl.