Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Since Hub update SG4K10001E00t constant WiFi discconects

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Since my WiFi Hub updated to SG4K10001E00t we have been having constant problems with wireless devices disconnecting or having no internet throughput when connected. Doing a factory reset makes things work again for a little while then the problems return. It's affecting all my wireless devices, tablets, phones, everything. Was hoping it would clear up on it's own but this doesn't seem to be the case. Any advice appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Also, I don't know if it's relevant but if I change the wifi channel select (on both 2.4 and 5 ghz) from Auto to a certain channel and apply then set them back to Auto this also makes the devices work again but only for a limited amount of time then the problem reoccurs. Thanks again for any help.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Mistajista

Apologies for this.

There is a different firmware version we can try, would you like to test this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Yes please. Thanks

Highlighted

Hi Mistajista

This has now been updated, please let us know how the connection compares following this.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Well after a few days trialling the firmware I can see some improvement, but the problem still persists (only less often). Devices are still connecting then disconnecting and having no internet throughput when connected. I really don't understand whats happened as we had zero wifi problems prior to SG4K10001E00t roling out.

Highlighted

Hi Mistajista

I can send another WiFI hub for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I suppose it's the only way to eliminate there being a hardware issue with this one.  Thanks for the help.

Highlighted

Hi Mistajista 

The replacement WiFi Hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi there. Haven't recieved the other router for testing yet. Thought I should mention it in case something has gone awry. Thanks again for helping with this issue.

Highlighted

Hi Mistajista,

Sorry, not sure what's happened to the router so I've ordered another, should be with you within a couple of working days, apologies again for the delay

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Still no sign of the replacement router.... Do you have the right address for me?

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I've managed to get the current hub semi-working by turning off the 5gHz band entirely. This at least now allows devices to connect. Hopefully the new router will restore 5gHz functionality.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Bump. Can someone please update me as to when I might recieve the replacement router please. It was apparently sent on the 18th of February but never arrived. Then another one was ordered on the 22nd of February and has also failed to appear.

Highlighted

Hi Mistajista

Please can you send me a Private Message to confirm your address.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi Mistajista

Thanks for the Private Message.

I've checked and the router has been ordered correctly. I have asked our Warehouse Team to look into this and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Popular Poster

The router has arrived today. Thank you very much for sorting it out. It seems to work on both bands again now (2.4 and 5) just as it originally did. All devices are currently connected without issues. I have the old router packed up ready to return. The only problem now is that having had to do factory resets on the old unit a few times my line seems to have profiled back down to 55mb when it was syncing comfortable at 64mb before. Would it be possible to run a profile on the line to return it to it's optimum? Thanks again for all the help.

Highlighted

Hi Mistajista

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm glad to hear that the router has arrived.

In regards to the speed, your line is showing in sync at 53.2mb. We are unable to change the profile or reset DLM for fibre connections.

Would it be possible to leave the router connected at the test socket for at least 48hrs without rebooting? We can then check the connection stats again to see if DLM has increased the speed.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Will do.

Highlighted