Did you mean: 
Need help?

Status Check Result

14 REPLIES 14
Birchcroft
Wise Owl

I've just run a status check and got the following result:

image.png

Unfortunately I don't appear to be able to find out any more information such as what the fault is or when it might be resolved.  Could an OCE please provide more information on the fault an likely fix time.

Cheers

Divsec
Community Star

Hi Birchcroft, your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon.

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Birchcroft
Wise Owl
Thanks
Community Team

Hi Birchcroft,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. The connection looks stable and the sync speed also looks ok. Just to confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the voice or broadband connection at the moment?

Thanks

Birchcroft
Wise Owl

HI @OCE_Michelle The Broadband appears to be fine, speed is down very slightly but nothing really significant.  As for the phone there is occasionally some background noise when making calls.

I have just rerun the status check and it is still showing the same message.  Could this be a problem with the service check, or am I likely to run into problems?

Community Team

Hi Birchcroft,

Thanks for confirming this. The only thing that I can see that may be generating this message is planned engineering works. How intermittent is the noise on the line? What speeds are you currently receiving at the moment?

Thanks

Birchcroft
Wise Owl

@OCE_Michelle my last speed check, earlier today when I was on my computer, was about 37.6 which is below the stated range of 38.1 to 39.1 but above the guaranteed minimum of 34.2.  That said when I signed up the quoted speed range an minimum speed were 39 to 40 and 35 so both of these have been lowered for some reason since I entered into my contract.

With respect to the noise on the phone line, it would now appear to be on most calls.

Community Team

Hi Birchcroft,

Ok thanks for confirming this. Noise on the line can affect the broadband connection so we'll need to look into this first. Does your master socket have a test socket?

Is the noise present at the test/master socket with 2 different handsets and with all other equipment removed from the line?

Thanks

Birchcroft
Wise Owl

Hi @OCE_Michelle I've run the checks suggested and identified that the slight crackling/buzzing only occurs when our fixed landline phone is connected.  The walk-about phones work fine connected to an extension socket when the fixed phone is disconnected.  So the the crackling/buzzing would appear to be down to that phone.  However, I still get the service error message even when I disconnect all the phones and only have the VDSL connected via the master socket.

Cheers

Birchroft

Community Team

Hi Birchcroft,

Thanks for trying this and letting us know. Is the broadband connection also ok at the moment? I think this message may be related to the planned engineering works, however I'm trying to find out and I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Birchcroft
Wise Owl

@OCE_Michelle  the broadband seems to be OKish at the moment.  Download speeds are around 38 to 40 but upload rate is a bit low at 4.5 to 5.1

Cheers

Birchcroft

Community Team

Hi Birchcroft,

Ok, I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Birchcroft
Wise Owl

OKThanks

Birchcroft
Wise Owl

@OCE_Michelle just to let you know the status check is now working ok, so I'm assuming it was probably a problem with the status check rather than actual fault.

Cheers

Birchcroft

Community Team

Hi Birchcroft,

Glad to hear it's working again, thanks for letting us know

Chris