would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sudden speed drop and connection issues

8 REPLIES 8
mrb1972
Team Player

Hi

Over the last few days we are suddenly experiencing massive speed drops and connection issues with various devices, games consoles, Alexa, tv streaming, all struggling

Our router is saying we are getting 75mb but we are lucky to get half that at the moment.

i have tried all the obvious troubleshooting with no luck, could you run some tests for me to see if there are any issues 

thanks

Scott

KeithFrench
Community Star

How do you connect wireless, wired, or a mixture? If a mixture is a wired connection better than wireless?

It is important to see what your line is actually capable of and what your current download speed is.

To help diagnose this issue, please can you log on to your router, by opening a web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox & Google Chrome etc) and then enter this address in the address bar:-

http://192.168.1.1

enter the credentials:-

username: admin
password: admin        (unless you have set your own password).

If you use the HG633 & DSL-3782 or the TalkTalk Wi-Fi hub, they have their own unique password, which can be found at the top of the label on the rear of the router. It is the one labelled "router" or "admin" password, not the wireless one.

Then go to your ADSL or DSL summary page & paste the stats in this thread.

On the HG633 this is at:-

Maintain > System Information & expand Broadband Information

On the DSL-3782 go to the home page & copy the stats from the DSL & IPv4 pages.

If you have the new TalkTalk Wi-Fi hub this can be seen via:-

Dashboard > See internet settings > Manage Advanced settings > TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub

Click on the General tab then scroll down to the page to the xDSL section & copy & paste them into your reply.

Next can you also go to this speed checker (it is useful to have speed test figures taken at the same time as gathering the router's statistics):-

http://www.supportal-test.co.uk/

Alternatively use:-

https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk/speed-checker/

Do this on both wireless & wired (if you have wired), but with never more than one device connected at a time.

Please can you paste the results here?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

mrb1972
Team Player
Thanks, I have done all that already, makes no difference if wired or wireless, same issue .

Just ran live test from my talk talk account and it comes back with a network error from 4/11/19 , so I guess there is a issue going on
KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi Scott,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your service, it looks as though your exchange is affected by an incident. Please check the Service Status Dashboard for updates - apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

mrb1972
Team Player
Thanks for the info, looks like that has been cleared now but hasn't seem to helped me, still getting massive speed variations.

My service status is still saying there is an issue on my network, trying to get onto live chat but it's too busy at the moment.
Community Team

Hi mrb1972,

I've checked and this incident is still open at the moment. Could I just confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the voice service? Could you bump your thread later on today and we can re-check this again to see if there are any further updates.

Thanks

mrb1972
Team Player
Thanks, we have not noticed any issues with the voice service just internet so far, bumping thread as requested

Thanks
Community Team

Hi mrb1972

Thanks for your reply.

This incident is still under investigation, we should hopefully have further updates tomorrow.

Debbie