15 REPLIES 15
Kina_Speed
Popular Poster

Hi,

I am having an issue to change the IP address on the router:

Hardware Version FAST5364 3.00

Software Version SG4K10001400t

GUI Version 1.152.6

when trying to change the IP there is red bar below the IP box with "invalid IP Address"

Could you please update the firmware?

is there a link where we can download the firmware?

thanks in advance

KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and upgrade it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi @Kina_Speed

I've update the router firmware for you now.

Thanks

Karl. 

Kina_Speed
Popular Poster

Hi @OCE_Karl 

I have seen it, but the ip changes is not working.

Please have look at the attachment.

IPv4 Pool End "Invalid IP Address"

the other fields are fine

Thanks in advance

Kina

Community Team

Hi

try a pin reset of the router - hold a pin or paperclip in the reset hole at the back for 10 seconds and this will fully reset the router. 

Set the router back up and retest.  

Thanks

Karl. 

Kina_Speed
Popular Poster

Hi @OCE_Karl 

I did with clip and on back-end factory reset.

none worked.

when i use ip

10.1.10.1 or 10.0.0.1

The last field shows as "Invalid IP Address"

If i change to 192.168.2.1

it works.

The thing is, I have plenty devices connected to my house, all of them as static IP, starting 10.

I can't change all of them..

Thanks again

Edson

Community Team

Hi

We have fed this back to the device manager.

When changing the IP range on my own hub I did get this error, but clicked apply anyway and the change went through.

Thanks

Karl. 

Kina_Speed
Popular Poster

Hello @OCE_Karl 

On my end it does not work.

I tried many times with different IPs..

Regards

Kina

Community Team

Hi

OK, wondering if its because you are choosing a 10. IP, all mine were 192.168.10.x range.

I'll raise this with our device manager, but I think this is already fixed in the next update.

Thanks

Karl. 

Kina_Speed
Popular Poster

Hi @OCE_Karl 

Thanks,

I will wait.

until there I will have the Hub as main router, and use another router just to distribute the 10.x IPs connected via WAN port. IPs.. 

Please let me know when the update has been done..

Thanks

Kina

Kina_Speed
Popular Poster

Hi @OCE_Karl 

Is there any update on the firmware?

Is it working now for 10.1.10.x?

Al the best

Edson

Community Team

Hi Kina_Speed

Apologies for the delay.

There are no further updates at the moment. Once new firmware is available then this will be rolled out to all routers (Wifi hubs)

Thanks

Debbie

Red-Marvin
First Timer
Given it has been well over a year since this bug was first posted on this forum (From what I have seen). Any rough ETA of this new magical firmware. Given I read it from a post about no Reserved IPs supported on the router, apparently there is a new secret firmware in the wind that has been given to a select few SG4K10001E00t, but this also has issues.

I will not be renewing my contract, I can see the Community Team having bad relations with the Dev Team about this kind of stuff.
Community Team

Hi

We are hoping to start alpha trials of the new firmware at the beginning of August. 

Thanks

Karl. 

Red-Marvin
First Timer

Any news on that trial for the Alpha firmware? Would love to be part of it. New router is collecting dust and i am almost at the point of buying my own. Plugged it in just now in the case its a go.

Community Team

Hi

We are waiting for this at the moment.  There was a small delay as we are waiting for one of our teams to sign off on their testing before this is deployed. Our devices teams are chasing this up at the moment.

Thanks

Karl.