Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

WiFi hub connection issues.

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter
Hi. Has there been any sort of update yet on that this?
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MrMurtel,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Our Products Team are still looking into this at the moment, however I have no specific updates as yet.

Which router are you using at the moment? The wifi hub or the HG633? Are you still experiencing poor wireless performance using the HG633 router?

Thanks

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter
At present we are using the HG633 and have a separate router connected as an access point due to the poor wireless on the HG633. We did get a new HG633 sent out a few months back but the performance was exactly the same as the old one. As I have said so many times, we were using a Tp-link router due to the poor performance of the HG633 and it worked perfectly untill the end of April, beginning of May. We figured it had broken so went back to the HG633 but just couldn't deal with the signal of the wireless. Got a new Tp-link router but had the problems straight away. Got a new HG633 sent out but as the performance of that was the same as the old one, set the Tp-link router as access point to get round this. Then renewed and got the WiFi hub and it had the same connection issues as the Tp-link via ethernet or WiFi.
Hope that helps.
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MrMurtel,

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure that you had a useable connection for the time being whilst we're looking into the wifi hub issue. I've passed all your feedback over and once I know what the next steps will be I'll let you know as soon as possible.

Thanks

Highlighted
Nick_w
Popular Poster

I am also having problems with web pages loading on the new talktalk Wi-fi hub. I’ve just moved back to TalkTalk from BT 2 days ago. Internet was fine with BT early morning before it was disconnected. So I connected the new router and waited for connection. Later in the afternoon when I got back it was up and running. I performed a speed test not as fast as it was with BT a few Mbps slower but noticed pages took ages to load and had to refresh or reload for them to work. I believe I am experiencing the same problems here as MrMurtel. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Nick_w,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own thread and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter
Hi Nick_w. I'm still waiting for an answer and this to be sorted. I understand it may take a while (2 to 3 weeks so far). From what I can work it's a server issue. If you change the DNS in the WiFi hub settings to Google's (8.8.8.8) and then see how the connection is by just checking how the webpages load. If everything loads perfectly then then we can definitely tell talk talk it's an issue with their server and how it's talking to the WiFi hub.
Highlighted
Nick_w
Popular Poster

Hi MrMurtel I have just changed those DNS settings and pages appear to load quicker on both Iphone and PC.

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter
Hi, it still might not be perfect but does help prove its an issue on their server and how it's talking to the Hub. There seems to be more and more people posting with the same issues. Don't go buying a third party router as you'll most likely get the same problems.
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MrMurtel,

I'm sorry that I've not been able to provide an additional update at the moment. This is something that our Products Team are still looking into/testing and I'm hoping to have an update sometime early next week.

Thanks

Highlighted
Hobbs
Participant

Hi sounds Like I'm having similar problems to Mr Murtel:-

Signed up for a fibre connection last month having been a TalkTalk customer for 15 years with no problems.

As soon as we set up the new fibre hub on the 19th July we found we were unable to connect to Netflix or BBC iPlayer on a wifi connected Sony Bravia smart TV (6 month old) or via a TalkTalk youview box connected to hub via Ethernet cable. 

After several long phone calls to customer services and 2 engineer visits which involved resetting everything time and time again we are no further forward today. The engineer tried a replacement hub and youview box but no improvement, we've been told to try many setting changes by call centre to no avail. I've tried different dns settings again no improvement. 

Smart tv connects to Netflix and streams no problem when connected to an alternative wifi connection, normal web surfing seems largely ok.

The engineer said on his second visit he has now been to 5 other identical problems in the area that week and also found no problem with the equipment in the houses.

This problem was being logged with BT on Internet forums back in 2016 but I haven't seen any solutions other than some were sent alternative routers which seemed to have helped.

My issue has been logged with a TalkTalk fault manager but I'm losing confidence rapidly!

Netfix are insistant this is an ISP issue.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Hobbs,

I'm sorry to hear this. We're currently looking into this. Just to confirm, do you have an alternative router (3782/HG633) that you can test with?

Thanks

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter

Hi. It's been over a month now so surely there should of been some sort of solutions by now or close to it. As I've said so many times now, it's got to be something talk talk did around April/May time as that's when we got the same identical problems on the TP-Link router we were using then that the WI-FI hub has now. It's a server problem, that much I know for sure. I wouldn't of thought it would of taken over a month if it was really being looked into properly. You just need to see what was changed or upgraded on the DNS server around April/May time and fix it or rollback untill the coding is sorted.

Can you tell me what's been done so far as I just get told it's being looked into and you will get back to me soon, which doesn't seem to happen.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Hobbs
Participant

Hi

the only other router I have is from my previous package a Huawei HG533, I did try it but couldn't get a internet connection although the wifi worked fine.

Since my last post we've spent a further 2 hours on the phone with fault manager Emer but we're no further forward. 

Every time I've contacted the tech help by phone I eventually get to speak with a fault manager who goes through all the same checks again and their final words are 'the case will be escalated' so we seem to be going around in circles.

I did ask if we could try another type of router but was told that we have the latest most superior router and an alternative router wasn't  recommended??

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Hobbs

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MrMurtel

I'm unable to identify any network changes at the time that would explain this.

We are waiting on an update from our device manager with a testing option and hope to trial something this week.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter
Okay. Thanks for letting me know.
Highlighted
clemenzina
Team Player
Strange that the problems started around the time of the Windows10 1803 update (April/May) - which almost destroyed my network (and caused untold other problems for many people). This month's update went some way towards fixing the network problem (TP-Link router, incidentally), but it's still unreliable and I'm here looking for feedback on the Wifi Hub.

No need to respond to me 🙂
Online bird-cam fanatic.
Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter
I take it there is still no word as to when this problem is gonna be sorted? As it's now becoming such a common issue it seems that the product testing was skipped. Getting annoyed at how long this seems to be taking (over a month now with the WiFi hub). Is it possible it's an issue with scam protection and the way it also filters from harmful site's? It's as it the WiFi hub responds to quickly for the DNS server to sort the information, hence having to refresh webpages so they load everyttime let alone trying to stream from Netflix, Amazon, BBC, ITV and all the other streaming services.
There must be some sort of update on this other than its being looked into?
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MrMurtel,

I'm sorry that we've not been able to provide more specific information. We're working closely with our Product Manager in regards to the slow web pages and we thought we would be able to test a potential fix last week, however this needed further testing before we can test it.

Once the testing is fully complete then we can try this to see if it resolves this issue. I'm really sorry for the delay with updates but as soon as we have more specific information then we'll come back and update your thread.

The slow web pages is not affecting everyone who has this router so we're still trying to get to the bottom of this and hopeful that this update will resolve this.

Thanks