Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Wish my speakers could drop like my router ...NOT

12 REPLIES 12
Nickb72
First Timer

I have been in contact with the live chat many times now trying to resolve my issue with constant dropping, they’ve tested the line each time and found no faults.

they tried changing channels etc etc

in the end I was asked if I need to upgrade to resolve the issue 🤷🏻‍♂️, after all the questions and answers I was told I need the extender they have on offer, I’m sitting next to the router and can’t get online without turning it on and off daily so can’t see how an extender will help...

I can’t see any option bar one for me

Community Team

Hi Nickb72,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Nickb72
First Timer

Hi,

I have updated profile as requested, my fingers are now crossed

thanks

Nickb72
First Timer

My fingers are aching now ☹️

ferguson
Community Star

The support team are not active at weekends, give your fingers a rest for now and see what they have to say when they are back online tomorrow.  🙂

Nickb72
First Timer

Ok thanks for that Ferguson 👍🏻

Community Team

Hi Nickb72

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've checked and your router has the latest firmware version and the connection appears to be stable.

Is your landline service working ok when making calls? (any noise)

Have you tested with a replacement router?

Thanks

Debbie

Nickb72
First Timer

I rarely use the house phone but it’s not a noisy line, I was going to buy another router but only a few work with talktalk? 
I was going to try the gaming hub but it’s too expensive so will see what to do when my contract comes to an end

I’ve been a loyal customer for many years now and after the brick walls I kept hitting on chat it’s made me think it’s time to look further at my options

thanks  

Nick

Community Team

Hi Nick

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can send a replacement HG633 or DSL3782 router for testing if you would like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Nickb72
First Timer

Hi,

Yes I will try another router I take it the hg633 is the better of the 2? Do I have to send it back after testing? Could I try a gaming hub as hard they're a lot better?

Thanks  for your help

Nick

Community Team

Hi Nick

The HG633 and DSL3782 are both Super Routers, they are just different makes and models.

If you contact our Customer Service Team then they can discuss sending a Wifi Hub.

Thanks

Debbie

Nickb72
First Timer

Hi, 

so you can’t send me one, how do I contact customer services? 

thanks

nick

Community Team

Hi

You can call or Live Chat to our customer service colleagues.

Thanks

Karl.