cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Broadband dropping frequently

knightsfield
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 44 of 44

My broadband connection has been dropping frequently over the last couple of days. 

I ran an online connection test, which looked to indicate there was a fault. But looking at the status today it's not obvious if there is a fault or not.

Yesterday it reported: We’re unable to identify a fault on your line.

Today the latest status is: This fault is still in progress. We are working to get this resolved for you

Still having multiple disconnects. So is the fault still being investigated? 

Regards 

Rob

0 Likes
43 REPLIES 43

Message 21 of 44

OK thanks. I've just run another line test and it's now passing, not picking up any faults, sync speed is 46.9Mbps and no disconnections showing for the last 7 days, do you still want to go ahead with the engineer visit?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 22 of 44

Replied with info on PM

0 Likes

Message 23 of 44

Hi Rob,

If you'd like us to arrange an engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.
  • Confirm your mobile number

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 24 of 44

Hi

Stability is a lot better but Speedwise it's still lower than I've had in the past. 

Could you look to arrange an engineer visit. 

Regards 

Rob 

0 Likes

Message 25 of 44

Hi Rob

How's the connection been? Would you like us to arrange an engineer visit?

0 Likes

Message 26 of 44

Hi Rob,

Next option is to arrange for an engineer for you. Would you like to progress with this now ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 44

Hi, 

Yes it's connect to the test socket. 

Regards 

Rob 

0 Likes

Message 28 of 44

Hi Rob

I've checked the connection stats again this morning and the connection appears to be more stable but the line test is detecting a potential fault towards the property.

Is the replacement router connected at the test socket at the moment?

0 Likes

Message 29 of 44

Hi Rob

Thanks for confirming that the new router is connected.

Please can you leave this router switched on without being rebooted and I will check the connection stats again in 24hrs to see if the connection has remained stable and if the sync speed has started to increase.

0 Likes

Message 30 of 44

Hi, 

I received the new router and just managed to install it. It's connected to the test socket using the supplied filter. 

Prior to switching over I was still getting disconnects but not as frequent as before. 

Speedwise the router reports syncing at 49 down 10 up, which is similar to what the other router reported.

I'm not sure what sync speed I was getting before I started getting disconnects, but in the past I used to get high 60+ Mbps download and 17+ Mbps upload reported by speedtest.net

Regards

Rob

0 Likes

Message 31 of 44

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 32 of 44

Hi Rob

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router. We can also run another line test once the new router is connected.

Thanks again.

Debbie

Message 33 of 44

Hi, 

Yes that would be fine.

Regards 

Rob 

Message 34 of 44

Hi Rob

Thanks for your reply.

Are you happy for me to send a replacement router now so we can rule it out?

Message 35 of 44

Hi, 

I think it was a few years ago I was sent a replacement router. 

Regards 

Rob

0 Likes

Message 36 of 44

Hi knightsfield

Thanks for confirming that the router is at the test socket. The line test is detecting the same fault.

Have we recently sent you a replacement router? The next step following this will be an Openreach engineer visit to the property.

Thanks again.

Debbie

Message 37 of 44

I've managed to find a filter and now have the router connected to the test socket. 

Message 38 of 44

Hello,

Yes a microfilter would need to be connected to the test socket to connect the router. If you don't have one then we can send one to you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 39 of 44

It's not. If I take the faceplate off then it only has a single standard telephone connector. Would I need to then use a filter so I can plug the router in? Not sure I would have a filter available to test with.

Regards

Rob 

0 Likes

Message 40 of 44

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. Is the router connected to the test socket behind the faceplate?

Thanks

0 Likes