cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Cannot connect to company Cisco AnyConnect vpn

kasakaa
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

Since Tuesday 3rd September 2024 I am unable to connect to my company Cisco AnyConnect VPN.

I was able to previously, last successful connection on Monday 2nd September 2024. I can connect to the VPN on other connections such as office WiFi and mobile hotspot. Company IT have confirmed there have been no changes on their end. I am able to connect other devices to home TalkTalk WiFi. I have tried wireless and wired connections to TalkTalk hub without success.

I can see there have been similar cases in recent weeks (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/VPN-connection-issue/m-p/3063029, https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Connecting-to-company-VPN/m-p/3062701)

WiFi Hub Router firmware is SG4K100202 

I have updated my community profile with everything except my landline number, which I cannot access as I am currently getting an error when I try to log into my main TalkTalk account.

If a new router is a potential solution, I would be happy to receive one.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Morning,

Apologies, we have chased our Devices Team this morning and we're just awaiting a reply back.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

kasakaa
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 15

Good morning @Chris-TalkTalk @Michelle-TalkTalk any update from the product team please?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi @erinmay3 

I'm sorry to hear this. I can see that you've created your own topic so we'll reply there shortly.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

erinmay3
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 15

I am also having the same issue, was able to last connect on Friday 13th but come Monday and today I can’t connect - TalkTalk only advised to factory reset router which hasn’t worked.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi @jono3000 

I've just posted on your topic now.

Thanks

Michelle

jono3000
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 15

I am also having the same issue with AnyConnect - was working Friday 13th, not working today Monday 16th

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

OK thanks. We've passed this over to our product team, we'll let you know when we have any more information

Chris

0 Likes

kasakaa
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 15

Update / correction on the Cisco AnyConnect client error message: there are multiple web / VNS addresses (assume these are for VPN servers? Not sure how it all works), it tries to connect to the first address, then it says "Failed contacting <company vns address>", then it cycles through the others trying to connect, and finally an error box pops up saying "Could not connect to server. Please verify internet connectivity and server address.

I am able to connect via mobile hotspot so I have confidence that the server address is correct. The issue seems to be with TalkTalk internet connectivity.

0 Likes

kasakaa
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 15

Hi Chris, I've switched it off for an hour, now back on and I am still unable to connect to the company VPN.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi kasakaa,

Can you switch your router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. If you are then still experiencing problems please let us know 

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 15

Hi @kasakaa 

Alas, I can't test VPNs using the IKEv2/IPsec protocol as I have been unable to find any free VPN servers using this protocol. There @Michelle-TalkTalk and the TT DEvices team will assist you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

kasakaa
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 15
  1. What VPN protocol is this Cisco VPN client using?
    • IKEv2/IPsec NAT-T
  2. What is the router's firewall level set to, it should be on medium?
    • TalkTalk hub firewall is set to medium.
  3. What steps have been taken to ensure this is not an IT issue?
    • I can connect to the company VPN on other connections such as office WiFi and mobile hotspot. Company IT have confirmed there have been no changes on their end. I have tried wireless and wired connections to TalkTalk hub without success.
    • I am able to connect other devices to home TalkTalk WiFi - e.g. personal laptop, mobile phone,.
  4. Developer/SW version of the VPN.
  5. Please share some screenshots etc (via a Private Message of what you are seeing when you try to access the VPN)
    • Cisco AnyConnect tries all available VPN connections, then gives an error message saying "Unable to connect". I am unable to take screenshots due to company IT policy. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 15

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Our Devices Manager is currently investigating this for us and has asked if you could provide the below info.

what steps have been taken to ensure this is not an IT issue?
Developer/SW version of the VPN.
Please share some screenshots etc (via a Private Message of what you are seeing when you try to access the VPN)

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

I have tested all of the free VPNs that I could with V202 & V174 before then and they all worked fine. What VPN protocol is this Cisco VPN client using? What is the router's firewall level set to, it should be on medium?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes