cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Cannot connect to work cisco anyconnect VPN since 17/09/2024

AndyBeast25
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Hi.

I've been unable to connect my work VPN to work at home since 17th Sept 2024.

I'm at work and they have said something must have changed with my home broadband. I've tethered my mobile phone and can connect OK with that. My work IT have confirmed nothing has changed with the work equipment and no other users are reporting issues.

When I try to connect the VPN, it searches but cannot find the remote access server. Then finally reports this error "Could not connect to the server. Please verify internet connectivity and server address.".

Internet is working as off the VPN I can browse as normal. Only the VPN doesn't work.

Has something changed with the Talk Talk router or broadband please? I need to be able to work from home.

Any help appreciated.

Andy
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Andy,

There was a firmware update and we have seen a few customers having VPN issues, but only with the one client - Cisco Any Connect.

We have rolled back the firmware while our teams look at the settings, and have this corrected before we continue to update to the next firmware.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Just out of interest Karl.

Are you at liberty to say how the problem came about?

Thanks

Andy
0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi Karl.

I'm happy to report that I'm back home and connected to work now via VPN.

So looks to be fixed.

Thanks again for your prompt fix. Really appreciate it 👏

Andy
0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

No Problem 🙂

This small correction has worked for all so far, so no reason it should not work for you.

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Thank you Karl.

I'm not at home as I had to travel to work to be able to work. I'm going to return home in an hour or so.

I'll test then and let you know.

Thank you for your help

Andy
0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi

I've made a change to your router, give this a test now and let me know.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

AndyBeast25
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

Hi Karl.
I've added in my account number to my profile. Thanks for your help

Andy

Andy
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi

Can you add your home phone number or account number to your 'Community Profile' so I can locate your details on our system.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes