cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Connected without internet

Amy449
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 35

Help! My phone keeps disconnecting from WiFi saying 'connected without Internet'. I've followed all steps from Samsung who advise me that the issue is not with the mobile (it has been thoroughly checked and works on all other wifi - however to make sure I've followed all steps on my mobile including a factory reset in case it was the phone).  I've had a new router from Talk Talk (Sagemcom model) but it is still causing issue. I've done a factory reset. I've also been put on another channel and had introvert signals sent, however the problem is still present. This connectivity issue only seems to happen on my WiFi at home. If I turn WiFi off and on again on my mobile it's fine and jumps back into action.....the problem occurs a many times per day but can be ok for periods of time in the day, however it takes a manual fix each time and I have to check that the phone hasn't dropped signal each time I use it, so this really isn't good especially if the phone has the screen switched off and it drops during that period,  I just miss so many things on my phone as I'm not aware it's dropped connection. This problem has been present for about 2 months now and is so unstable that I can't use the service that I pay for at home. I'm really unhappy with this service and it just isn't being fixed regardless of multiple phone calls to Talk Talk. 

I'm informed from another forum that a different brand router might help, however Talk Talk won't seem to offer me this. Meaning I'm effectively paying for a service each month that I can't use properly. On top of that,  each phone call is about 1hr long and it's a huge drain on my free time to keep trying to sort this. 

What can I do? Has anyone got advice on this issue? I'm at the end of the road now with this issue and really need help from Talk Talk.....

34 REPLIES 34

Message 1 of 35

Hi

I've updated the router firmware and made sure the Wi-Fi channels are set to the least congested now, can you retest.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 35

However... since my last post it's gone off twice again... saying 'connected without Internet'....so the issue is still there. But happening less often. Can the issue be improved upon further? Whatever has been done has improved it... but the issue is still there...so there is obviously something going on that disrupts the connection. I have to manually deselected wifi that enable it each time to reconnect. It doesn't come back on without manual intervention... and I have to notice that it's been lost in order to re connect it....so this isn't good for use of my mobile at home. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 35

Hi, 

It seems to be a lot more stable. It does still lose connection as before saying 'connected without Internet' but it is happening far less frequently. Sometimes it now also says 'connection failed' which is a new issue, but it's only done this a couple of times. 

So I think on the whole it is improving.... which is great.  What exactly was the issue... what has been changed? 

Thank you  for your help and action 👍

0 Likes

Message 4 of 35

Hi Amy,

Has there been any change since our last post?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 35

Hi

I've made some changes remotely to see if this will help.  there is some latency detected to the phone, so looking at Wi-Fi devices nearby, I've set a manual channel to see if this will help.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 35

They only have the Sagemcom router for FTTC now, @Amy449.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 7 of 35

Thank you for your reply. Ok I'm happy to follow through on here, but I feel I need some clear action now.... something to generate a significant change in this situation. Many weeks are passing without anything and the time frame without a functioning service is very long now. Can a different model box not be sent to me? Surely something like this can be done? 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 35

@Amy449, I'll re-escalate this thread. 

Replies will always be through online support. The forum staff don't make phone calls. 

You would need to call 03451 720088 for that support team, but it's probably better to follow up on here.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 35

Could someone please ring or make contact with me over this as I'm at my limit now with waiting. My WiFi is constantly going off, it's only doing it on my home WiFi and I'm not prepared to pay each month for a service that's not working. This has been months now without a resolution and it's really not feeling right to leave this any longer without someone providing a resolution for me.

I appreciate your reply and keeping in touch, but this needs action now. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 35

Hi @Amy449 

This issue is under investigation with our Devices Team and we will post back as soon as we have further updates.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 35

It is strange. But I've tested the phone thoroughly on other WiFi for extended periods and it's totally fine. I read others have the same issue with Talk Talk router.. describing it just like me. So seems there are others without a solution too.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 35

No worries. I am so puzzled why this would only affect a single device? 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 35

Thank you. This is much appreciated. I really hope this can be resolved, my patience is running thin now due to the length of time this has run on now and the constant dropping connection...I just can't continue with it, but I do hope I can stay a customer with you and someone can fix it 🤞Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. 👍

Message 14 of 35

@Amy449 

Sorry to see that this issue is persisting. The best I can do is re-escalate this for you to the support team, bear in mind that they won't be back online until Monday. 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 35

Hello, this issue is still no better. I simply can not have this issue go on any longer. I need something doing, otherwise I will have to leave and go with another provider (something I don't want to do since I have been a happy customer with you for 11 years or so now). I can't keep leeching my personal data on my phone when my WiFi doesn't work. I need a different router model or something now... some real change to the current situation. I really am not prepared to keep going on like this any longer now...I shouldn't be paying for a service that isn't working. Please can something be done to resolve this?

Thank you. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 35

Hi Amy449,

Could you try switching the phone off again and leave it off for 5 minutes, then switch back on and check to see if there's any improvement

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 35

Sadly there's no forum staff support over the weekend, @Amy449.

They will follow up on Monday. 

0 Likes

Message 18 of 35

It's going off constantly now. Unusable. I'm really unhappy with this. It was at least working some of the time but over the past few days wifi is never connecting on my phone. I can't use the service. 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 19 of 35

Hi Amy

Our devices team are still looking into this, we'll let you know when we have any further information

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 35

Thank you for the update. I really need a resolution on this ASAP. Today I have had no wifi through my phone... I'm using so much personal data. I don't feel it's acceptable that I'm still without a resolution for over 2 months and am paying for Internet package that I effectively can't use. If you could update me that would be great. Many thanks

0 Likes