FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constantly restarting router

Gemsy 1984
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

I need to restart my router several times a day. Keeps telling me the Internet service is slow or buffers constantly even when only 1 device is being used. It's utterly ridiculous. Just had to restart it twice during 1 film. I think I need a new one? My partner who was also a talk talk customer until recently never had this problem. Mine has been getting worse over the last 6 weeks. Just taken out a new contract with you but may need to cancel if the router is not up to the job.  Please help

2 REPLIES 2

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Gemsy 1984

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then send a replacement router for testing.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Gemsy 1984,

Are the devices that are having problems connected wirelessly or wired (or both).

Are the speeds good just after you restart the router, but then do speed test results get slower and slower as time goes on.

If you go to the Service Centre what does it show for your estimated speed range. If you log into your router to check your sync speed does this show speeds within that estimated range. If you run a speed test (ideally from both a wired and wireless device so that you can compare), how close are the speed test results to the sync speed shown on your router.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

The staff here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.