FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAILY NETWORK CHECK

Askew John
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 13

Hello, I notice when looking at the status of the daily network check by Talktalk, it says that it cannot identify my router and software. My router is one supplied by Talktalk - QualcommAtheros QCA 9377. Can you tell me why it is not identified and therefore I presume the software cannot be updated if required.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi Askew John

That's great 🙂

Happy New Year to you too 🙂

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Thanks Debbie, the connection is absolutely fine, all working great! Also I am glad that the new router has a better signal through the house than the previous one did.

In the service centre, the daily check has now recognised the router and confirmed that all software is up to date.

Thanks for all your help. Have a nice day and Happy New Year!

Message 3 of 13

Hi Askew John

Thanks for your reply.

How has the connection been since your last post?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Thanks for your reply Debbie, glad you could confirm that you can make a connection and software is up to date. I will continue to monitor and perhaps the Talktalk system will eventually recognise the router when the system check is carried out.

Connection currently fine, Signal in the house is better than before, Speed OK and all devices working fine.

Message 5 of 13

Hi Askew John

Thanks for your reply. This will be the Huawei WIFI hub.

I've just checked and I can connect to your router and it has the latest firmware version.

Please can you continue to monitor the connection with this router connected and let us know how it compares.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Thanks for the action Debbie. The new router was received yesterday and installed yesterday lunchtime. Everything works fine - probably better signal than the previous one.

However, according to the daily network check from midnight last night, items connected to it were identified but there is still a message that says Talktalk cannot identify the router or software. There is no label on the back of the router or in the box to tell me what model it is that you have sent, I only know it is manufactured by Hauwei.

Message 7 of 13

Hi Askew John

I'm sorry for the delay.

I have ordered you a different router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

That's more like it 😁 if there are any updates out there they should go in overnight, as the system claims not to recognise it it might need some human intervention!

This close to the holidays might be a problem but your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear back soon.

Happy holidays 

D

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.

Message 9 of 13

That is the driver description from my computer I guess. The TT Product No. is TTDLINK3782

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi @Askew John areas talking at cross purposes? Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter Driver for Windows 10 (Version 1709 or later)? That's not a TT router.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

It was new in November 2019 but everything does work fine.

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

Hi @Askew John is that really old or really new? Either way is it working ok?