cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Disconnection sometimes full and sometimes just WiFi

jimmymumu
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 21

I seem to be having a bit of a problem with stability. At least once a week i keep getting disconnected, sometimes more. WiFi seems to go off almost every day too. Nothing has changed in my setup. I'm currently using the black and orange WiFi hub on windows 11

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Hi jimmymumu.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your Mother-in-law, please accept our condolences. Just return the router when it's convenient, I appreciate this must be low down on your list or priorities at the moment

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

Hi Debbie. Could you let the powers that be know, that there will be a delay in returning my old router? My mother-in-law passed away on Monday and my time is being taken up with trying to sort everything out.  Thank you

0 Likes

Message 3 of 21

Hi @jimmymumu 

That's great 🙂

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 21

Yes. thank you. I've got it plugged into the test socket for a few days, so far 20 hours without losing connection.  Thanks again

Message 5 of 21

Message 6 of 21

Hi jimmymumu

No problem 🙂

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

Thank you

Message 8 of 21

Hi @jimmymumu 

The replacement router is on its way and a returns bag for your current router.

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 9 of 21

Yes, please. If this fixes the issue, do I return my old one?

Message 10 of 21

Hi jimmymumu

Would you like me to send a replacement router now for testing?

Message 11 of 21

It is yes. From my records, it's about 3.5 years ago. i returned my last one as requested

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

Hi jimmymumu

Is the router at the test socket?

When did we last send you a replacement router?

Message 13 of 21

Yes. It's not just wifi that's going down. My pc is connected directly to the router. The router shows there's no connection, via the flashing amber light.  I don't understand how it can be an internal problem, when I'm plugged directly into the main socket, without an extension. Could it be my router?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

Hi jimmymumu

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line tests are clear - no faults detected.

Are wired devices also dropping connection?

jimmymumu
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 21

I'm still having connection problems. I've been fully disconnected 2 days in a row and possibly more. On the logs, I can see the disconnections and such. It's gone off twice today and now my speed has been reduced to 41mbps from 56mbps.  I'm not plugged into an extension the router is 2 feet away from the master socket. My home phone went off too, earlier Could someone try another line test, please because it appears to be getting worse.
I shall turn my router off for the night to see if that helps

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

jimmymumu
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 21

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 18 of 21

Hi

I'll update the firmware and see how this is over the weekend.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

jimmymumu
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 21

Yes, Wifi drops daily but at least once a week i get fully disconnected from the internet too. I've turn the Wifi hub off for an hour or so to reset it, but no joy

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 20 of 21

Hi

Tests are clear, is it only Wi-Fi devices that drop daily ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes