FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Ofcom's new speed rules apply to me?

Message 7 of 7

Since we signed up to fibre broadband in September, our speed has dropped from 16 Meg to 4 Meg and it's been at 4 Meg for over a month now.

I heard that Ofcom have, as of this month, guaranteed that people can leave their supplier if their speeds haven't improved after a month and I was wondering if this would apply to me.

My line stats on the BT Broadband Availability Checker are:

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability Date  High Low High Low      

VDSL Range A (Clean)14.97.91.20.85.8AvailableAvailable 
VDSL Range B (Impacted)14.87.31.20.64.4AvailableAvailable 

My modem is actually connecting at this speed:

Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps)800
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps)3095

Thanks.

Paul

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 7

Hi paul_liverpoolfc,

I've included a Help Article below which contains more information. Would you like me to look into the broadband speed for you?

Broadband Speed Code of Conduct

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

all i can say at this point is........"yeah,well" emoticon.joytears.title

Message 3 of 7

@skygrowler wrote:

i believe i read that the new rules are voluntary @TheHornedOne  emoticon.joytears.title

....... you did indeed skygrowler, see line three, Quote: 'The code does remain voluntary ........ ',

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/8333-better-broadband-speed-info-on-the-way-for-the-public

~R.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

i believe i read that the new rules are voluntary @TheHornedOne  emoticon.joytears.title

0 Likes

TheHornedOne
Insightful One
Message 5 of 7

@paul_liverpoolfc wrote:

I heard that Ofcom have, as of this month, guaranteed that people can leave their supplier if their speeds haven't improved after a month and I was wondering if this would apply to me.

If only internet access life was that simple paul_liverpoolfc - https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/8337-new-rules-on-speeds-may-make-leaving-harder

~R.

0 Likes

skygrowler
Insightful One
Message 6 of 7

the question is ..."do they apply to TalkTalk ? " emoticon.winkingface.title