FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster Fibre - router: all green lights, no internet

Borka
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 16

Hello,

I´ve got a problem with my connection (Faster Fibre+Speed Boost).
Broadband+Internet on the router (HG633) is green, but nothing works, only ping/tracert, both on wired and wireless. Factory reset did not help. Tried another 2 routers, but everything still remains the very same. Tried both of my computers from neighbour´s connection (he is with TalkTalk as well) and everything is working fine. Tried my router at his and everything was good. Replaced the DSL filter, all cables, no change.

Router - Connection Status says ADSL2+, instead of VDSL/2.

I would be most grateful if you could run a test line or anything to give me some information.

Also wanted to try the test socket only to find this:)

SOC.jpg

tried plugging it straight into it anyway, but the very same result as before.

Thanks a lot for any info/help.

Regards,

Marian

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi

That's great news, glad it's all working for you now.

Any issues, just give us a shout.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Borka
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 16

Engineer has finished, everything's working like a charm. Thank you all for all the help!

Message 3 of 16

Hi

Thanks for letting us know. Please keep us informed after the engineer has completed the tasks with you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Borka
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 16

Just got a call from Openreach engineer, he will be working on it today, will let you know once he will be finished.

Borka
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 16

It's been over 24hrs., but the situation is still the same: different line/number, thus still no connection.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Morning,

Thanks for testing and confirming. The line test is detecting a potential external issue so I've passed this over to Openreach now to complete an external line investigation. If you don't hear anymore in the next 24hrs then please let us know and we can re-check for an update on the fault for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 7 of 16

It is probably just that they have their ADSL service from a different ISP, and the connection settings of your TalkTalk router will not work properly with that other ISPs service.

It is well worth having a landline phone if only to be able to do tests like this, as diagnosing a problem like this is very difficult for TalkTalk, as if they run a line test it may well come back and say everything is fine, and everything may well be fine, but it is actually connected to someone else's house, and there is no way their line tests can know that !

0 Likes

Borka
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 16

Thanks a lot for the phone idea, would not even think about that. I would be glad to have at least that ADSL service of theirs, than no service at all:)

Message 9 of 16

Ok, so if 17070 is reading back the wrong number then Openreach have messed up, so you probably have one of your neighbours lines (who only has ADSL), and one of your neighbours will have your phone number and VDSL service !.

The staff here will be able to help tomorrow, they will need to call Openreach out again to get things fixed.

0 Likes

Borka
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 16

Landline phone connected, dial tone and making calls all good, but as @Skynet_TX  said, I am on a completely different line/phone number.

Message 11 of 16

Hello,

Ok thanks for the update. If there is no dial tone or noise on the line then we can raise this as a voice fault. If the voice service is ok then we will raise this as a broadband issue for further investigation.

Thanks

0 Likes

Borka
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 16

I"m getting one today as both of you suggested and will let you know the results this evening.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 16

Hi Borka,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which has detected a possible voice fault. Did you have a chance to test with a phone to see if there is a dial tone please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Borka
Popular Poster
Message 14 of 16

Hi and thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don't have a landline phone, might try to get one tomorrow, we'll see what the staff will say.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 15 of 16

Hi @Borka,

If you have a landline phone can you try dialling 17070, does this read back your correct phone number. If your router is suddenly reporting that it is connected to ADSL rather than VDSL then I'm wondering if Openreach have messed up and connected a different line to you whilst doing some work locally.

Staff will be able to reply tomorrow to help further.

0 Likes