FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiber speed boost - 41Mb

Robiwan2015
Participant
Message 12 of 12

Hi

Could someone let me know what after fiber boost speed should be?

I have faster fibre and upgraded contract with fibre speed boost last year but can't see any improvement in my broadband speed and yet I'm paying monthly charge for this. 

Many thanks

Rob
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Robiwan2015

Thanks for confirming your details.

The predicted speed range for your line is showing between 51.2 and 36.8mb, with a guaranteed minimum speed of 32.2mb.

Your line is currently in sync at 42.2mb. This is within the range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi Robiwan2015

Sorry for the delay.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so I can check the predicted speed range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Thanks for the info. I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday), but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 4 of 12

I think been promised up to 65Mb

Rob
0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

The OCE's do not normally work over the weekends.

You must have the speed boost applied otherwise the max you would get is 40M. I have no idea what you were promised as the minimum download rate with it applied though.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Robiwan2015
Participant
Message 6 of 12

Hello again

Is there anyone from TT staff who could check if my fibre speed boost was applied to my service please?

Many thanks

Rob
0 Likes

Robiwan2015
Participant
Message 7 of 12

Hi guys

Thank you for your posts. 

I have checked speed in my router and it shows 42.2Mb. I have both bands 2.4 and 5GHz on and can pick the 5G one from my mobile WiFi settings. When tested it gives me 39.6Mb. That means it is far far away from yours.

I've got impression that the contract was upgraded only price wise. Nothing else have been switched on or changed unfortunately. 

Rob
0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi @Dmaccaman72 

I am waiting for a reply from @Robiwan2015 so as I can help him.

If you want a reply from TalkTalk as you have said, you cannot use someone else's thread.

To get help, you must start your own thread. To create your own thread, go to the main page for the board in question & click the "Start a topic" button.

TalkTalk insists on one thread per problem per customer. Please note, TalkTalk makes the rules, not me.

Thanks.

Keith

0 Likes

Dmaccaman72
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 12

Following onto my reply to Robiwan just now if anyone at TALKTALK is reading these chats could you advise us how to stop you resetting our router when we have moved thigs to band 2 and got the speeds ew are paying for.

DaveMc
0 Likes

Dmaccaman72
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 12

Hi Robiwan2015.

I have had the fibre boost for a long time and always got about 73mbs no bother.

After TalkTalk did an upgrade it dropped to about 40??.

I have speeds showing up to 80 to my home when they tested everything but not on the wi-fi. They sent a new router but no better.

I want on the net and read up a bit and if you  - Login to TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub - open the hub - then click on the middle of 3 boxes for - See wi-fi settings - you can then see where each of your devises are in wen you click on the blue typeface..

Mine devises are usually all stuck in BAND 1 which is slower and where not so demanding devises are best left. EG older ones.

Sometimes one of our mobiles are in band 2 but nothing else..

If your are usually only getting about 35-40 mbs  you will find your computer / tv / etc are in band 1( to slow).

Switch off band 1 and wait a bit and you will find everything is now in band 2 (great) BUT my old HP  printer doesn't come up on the wi-fi in Band 2  !!.

So then I switch BAND 1 back on and once it resets all the items which you want to run faster on the wi-fi are in still BAND 2 but slower/older equipment is in band 1.

Log out and go back to your Talk Talk account and do a speed test and if its anywhere as good as I get you should see about 70-73 mbs on download and 40 ish on the upload. Hope this helps.

The only problem is if you switch off your computer you have to do the same thing again when you log in as the router returns to presets. I have been trying to get Talk Talk to disable this reset on the router but to date no joy.  :>(

At least this work round gets you the speed you are paying for!!.

Good luck mate.

DaveMc
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

That will depend on the guaranteed minimum download rate you were quoted by TalkTalk, because the further away from your fibre cabinet that you live, the slower the speed you will get.

Please note that this speed is not that measured by a speed test, but that recorded by the router. You will have to log into the router to find this out & it is normally displayed in the initial dashboard.

Keith