on 06-06-2021 07:41 PM
We changed to Fibre 65 as it promised the same speed as our previous provider. This has not been the case and the max speed so far has been 40kbps which dropped to 28 a few mins ago when I tested the speed. This is not really what we're paying for and expect more as the ads tell us - not huge reduction in speeds
on 07-06-2021 09:54 AM
Hi The Ronster,
I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. Does your main socket have a test socket? If it does then would it be possible to connect the microfilter, router and phone at the test socket for 48hrs to see if DLM makes any changes to the speed please?
on 06-06-2021 07:50 PM
Hi @The Ronster,
If you go to the Service Centre what does it show for your estimated speed range. If you log into your router to check your sync speed does this show speeds below that estimated range. If you run a speed test (ideally from both a wired and wireless device so that you can compare), how close are the speed test results to the sync speed shown on your router.
If the Sync speeds are showing the faster speeds that you expect on Fibre 65 then it would be worth switching your router off for over 30 minutes, this may then help the router pick up those faster speeds when it reconnects again.
The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.