Today I got a text message from TT saying that my service issue has now been resolved and everything should be running as I expect.
However, when I checked, the d/l sync speed is unchanged at about 44Mbps. Switched off the router for 30mins and it's still the same.
Was the text message correct? Doesn't seem to be any different.😕
Beanz... just a guess... but I would guess that BTOR have passed the "fault" back to TT as "no fault" since you are probably getting more than the BTOR "passback" speed( ie the minimum guaranteed speed). It is perhaps the case that the TT promised speed was based on upgrade work that was due on your street box... that has not yet happened.
Hmm... maybe johnhoe, let's see what TT say tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if the line test throws up an error or not.
Here are my Broadband stats from the HG633 router. Not sure what they all mean, but it looks like the line is capable of more like 59Mbps, if I'm reading that correctly. I guess I'm about 500m from the cabinet, so that would make sense.
Thanks for the update. I've re-run the line test which is now clear, however I can see a few re-connections on the line. Just to confirm, is the connection unstable or have you been rebooting/switching off the router?
I'm glad to hear that the line test is now clear. However, I'm still getting the same disappointing speed. Only 43Mbps down and 13Mbps up.
The connection has been stable and the DSL up-time is currently 1 day 11 hours. That sounds about correct since I last switched off the router to tidy up the wires.
Why are my speeds barely above the non-speed boosted speeds I had before? I'm confused.
Could you just trying switching the router off again for 30 minutes. If there's no improvement in speed I'll pass it back to our network team for further investigation
Actually Beanz... If you are 500m from your cabinet, according to this graph of speed drop over distance, a speed of 45-50m looks about right. (This is without G.INP retransmission)
The graph below graph shows the marginal speed improvement if G.INP is applied.
There is obviously a "sweet" point where moving to "Faster fibre" is most beneficial. I would suggest this is probably within 300metres from Street cabinet normally OR within 700 metres if G.INP can be applied to the line.
I left the router off for about 45mins and when rebooted got the exact same speeds, sorry.
Also johnhoe, according to that graph I should be getting just under 60Mbps. I would be happy with that and was given a minimum guaranteed download speed of 54.8Mbps when I signed up to the speed boost.
Thanks for the update. I've passed this back to our Network Team now for further investigation. If you don't hear back by the end of today then please can you bump your thread and we can re-check for an update on the fault for you.
Our Network Team have advised that the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit so I'm just sending you a Personal Message to confirm some details.
Please do not post any personal information on the Community, reply via Personal Message (PM) only.
Are we talking about a Openreach engineer or a TT engineer visit? Because, with respect to your engineers, I don't know what they could do. I used to be a computer/telecoms engineer myself and I know everything is connected up correctly. There is literally 1 short cable between the BT master socket and the router 6" away. I will try another cable, but I doubt it will make any difference.
In my opinion the fault lies on the BTOR side, maybe a DLM issue. Could the DLM be reset?
The downstream sync speed has been stuck at around 44Mbps since 29th May, when I first left the router off for 30mins. This was the day after I had the Speed Boost activated.
From what I have read about DLM, it can take up to 10 days of error free working for it to increase the speed. So, unless you can get BTOR to reset the DLM on my line, I think the best course of action is to wait a while and see if DLM will increase the sync rate.
Looking at the line stats on the router indicates that it should be capable of around 58Mbps and I can see no errors at all reported by the router.
Hope that helps.
It's a shame you can't reset the DLM from your end.
Anyway, I still think it's worth waiting for another week or so just to see if anything changes. I don't want to be charged if the BTOR engineer finds no fault.
If after that there is no improvement, I will agree to a engineer visit. The connection is very stable, it's just the speed that is disappointing.
Thanks for your help with this issue. Let's see if anything changes in the next week or so.