FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I email talktalk support

norricorp
Popular Poster
Message 14 of 14

So the fundamental question is why am I using talktalk. But I expect no one can answer that.
I would like to send an email to talktalk support to ask them to check my line. Streaming is impossible to watch. Downloading a 170 MB op sys update gives an expected speed at start but after 5 seconds drops to virtually nothing.
This question has been raised before but the posts are pretty old and I suspect talktalk have since changed address.
I have looked through the support and contact us and no hint of an email address.
Why is something so basic so difficult?

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

That's great news, just let us know if you experience any further problems

Chris

0 Likes

norricorp
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 14

I think it improved before rebooting the router.
Streaming is now working. So it looks as though for a few days, the connection was not coping with sustained load.
Many thanks for the help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

OK thanks, could you switch your router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. Please let us know if there's any improvement following the reboot

Chris

0 Likes

norricorp
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 14

The performance drop is seen on the desktop and the VMs running on it. Both are used for streaming video. This is connected by ethernet. And the VMs have a direct link to the router and so their own IP address.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Line test is passing and router is in sync at 42.1Mbps but test also shows that all wifi channels are congested. Are you experiencing the poor performance on devices connected to your router by both Ethernet cable and wifi?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

OK thanks, I'll take a look at this now 🙂

0 Likes

norricorp
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 14

added details

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 14

Hi norricorp,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

norricorp
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 14

Yes that would be useful. Currently, even running 720p video is requiring more bandwidth than is supplied. And I am on 65MB fibre, which is actually 45MB. As I mentioned, when downloading, I do get 45MB for several seconds and then it just fades to literally nothing and then speeds up to very slow.
This has only started in the last few days. Before that, I could run 720p, even 1080 video without having to pause for several minutes to build up a cache. And currently that cache disappears surprisingly quickly.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Morning,

We can look into your broadband connection here. Would that be ok?

Thanks

0 Likes

norricorp
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 14

Thanks for the reply.
So in answer to my question, talktalk has no email support. Only choice is to phone or chat. The weird thing is that I would imagine that email is easier to handle than having a customer "live" on the phone. But not suprising as the company is called talktalk. Perhaps I should look for a supplier named "emailemail" or "talkemail".
It is a shame that streaming is now central to entertainment because not convinced that talktalk can provide the bandwidth to get a good experience.
I did do the various tests from the portal and my connection is perfect - I wonder if that has been hardcoded?

Oh well only another 15 months of contract .....

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 14

Hi norricorp

Can you please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

If you add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details, @norricorp, forum staff can look into this issue for you. 

For them to identify your account, complete the information by going via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard.

There is no email address for support.

If you check the Ts&Cs (linked at the foot of the page) item 19.1, you'll find contact details for Talktalk more generally. 

For fault finding, either wait for staff to respond on here (Monday to Friday) or phone:

03451 720088 or 03451 720046 (after 9am)

Or use Chat, after 9am. Full details of opening hours and the link to Chat are here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes