FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect CCTV to HG633 router

doddpa
Team Player
Message 27 of 27

I have a Floureon camera system and Hard drive currently connected to a TV upstairs by HDMI (where I used to have my office).

Ive now had to move my office downstairs and I want to be able to check the cameras on my computer which is connected to the HG633 router.

I have run an ethernet cable from the DVR to a Cisco Network switch and then to the router.  The switches lights are both on and flickering and in the LAN settings for the router it shows the LAN as connected at 100MBPS.

I sort of hoped the connection would set itself but Im afraid im at the limit of my knowledge. Does anyone have a step by step guide they could point me at to enable me to set the Router up and if necessary the DVR.  Im OK at following instructions but just not very familiar with all the terms used.  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 21 of 27
I have tried IE, but also Chrome and Edge.

In Chrome and edge instead of the message I mentioned earlier I get a message that says I'm not allowed to download/access the site ( I'm  presuming that is a web client) and should contact the administrator.  I used to know my way around IE a bit but dont know the newer browsers. Mine is the only account on the Desktop so I'd assumed I was the admin.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 27

Are you trying to use Internet Explorer then, that may be your problem, it is so old now. Try Chrome or the new Microsoft Edge (Chromium) browser.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 23 of 27
Thats good . So how do I go about setting the camera in the LAN devices in the router. 

The DVR has an IP Address but if I type that into a browser I just get a page with a message 

Please install IE ActiveX: IE_Plugins.exe from CD or download from internet.

I dont have a CD and if I hit Download it tries to access a page http://220.112.30.188/http/TSWebClient_EN_SetUp.exe  but times out and doesnt reach the page.
0 Likes

Message 24 of 27

If you are only trying to access the DVR from your local network you do not need port forwarding.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 27
Hello Keith, No im afraid im dumber than that. I have an Ethernet from the camera plugged into the camera and the back of the router via a Cisco switch.
I want to know how to add the camera to the list of LAN devices, and what settings to add and get the router talking to the camera. Then I can look at "port forwarding" is it , so I can see the cameras on my PC monitor and hopefully my phone. Im just unfamiliar with the terms used and the various address etc. Ive tried working through some of the other posts but I always seem to come across something which is different to mine.
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 26 of 27

Does the DVR has internet access OK, how are you trying to contact it, via a phone app?

Keith

0 Likes