cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

IP address blocked by spam checking sites

trickydicky
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

I have been notified that my public IP address has been blocked by the spam checking sites, and this is causing side effects regarding email delivery and access to websites. This first happened last week and I resolved it by switching off my Router for a while and rebooting which then allocated a new (dynamic) IP address. I now find that the new IP address allocated is now on the Blocked list as well! Please advise how I can resolve this issue. I have performed a full virus scan on my laptop with no threats found. I am on faster Fibre with a Huwawei HG633 Router

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hiya,

No problem, please let us know if there is anything else we can help with 🙂

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thank you for letting me know - this is assuring and means I can stop worrying about that! 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

a block on an IP address or it's listing on one of the many block lists will not be due to your own network or system.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Thanks for the info Karl, but that is what I did last week, and although the new IP address worked OK for a few days, it seems that this IP is now blocked. Is there anything associated with my network that is causing this, or is it just the 'luck of the draw, and delays in the spam checking software gettng round to checking my IP? My anti-virus software says I am clean, but not sure if it picks up this kind of issue. I will reset my router again as advised, but I hope I won't be reporting this again next week!

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi

Like all ISP's we use dynamic IP addressing which means that from time to time your IP address will change.  It is also possible that at times you may get an IP that may have been compromised in the past by someone else.  This should not affect browsing however if you find that you have an IP that is blocked, you can either power off the router for a full 30 minutes to see if another IP is assigned, or contact the organisation that had listed your IP to request this is cleared.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes