cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

VDSL keeps disconnecting

Nicks54
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 20 of 20

Hi my internet keeps dropping out (14 times on 90 minutes today...similar yesterday). Looking at the modem logs it show VDSL down and the reconnecting in 40 or so seconds. Does anyone else suffer like this and does anyone know any solution

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi Nick

I've checked and the engineer visit is still showing as arranged for 15/09 PM.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20
0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Hi Nick

There is nothing showing available today, I'm really sorry. I've booked in Friday PM (15/09)

I will check this again tomorrow to make sure everything still looks ok for Friday.

0 Likes

Nicks54
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 20

Well this afternoon really...they offered it so that's the preferred option as Ive now organised my day around that.

If not then Friday pm.

Nick

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Hi Nick

Yes I will try and book this for you. When will you be available? Could you provide a couple of days availability.

Thanks

0 Likes

Nicks54
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 20

Debbie

Yes got the text message at 6pm. I replied and chose Option 2 - this afternoon...but got no automated response.

Is there anything you can do from your end as I don't really want to waste another afternoon.

Nick

0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

Hi Nick

I'm so sorry to hear this. Openreach have left the below notes:

We are sorry that have missed your appointment due to unforeseen circumstances.

Did you receive a text message with options to book another visit? I've checked the fault ticket and I can't see another appointment arranged as yet so I wasn't sure if you had replied to the text message?

0 Likes

Nicks54
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 20

Debbie

They didn't show up and waited until 6 to say they wouldn't be making it. ...tomorrow afternoon now ...although they haven't confirmed that yet.

No doubt the £75 they would have charged me if I wasn't in will be transferred to my account promptly.

Nick

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Hi Nick

Oh great, thank you.

This engineer should also be able to re connect the master socket back to the wall.

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Nicks54
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 20

Debbie yes all fone

Message 11 of 20

Hi Nick

I've contacted Openreach this morning and they have advised that they have arranged an engineer visit to the property for 12-09-2023 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Will someone at the property for this visit?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Hi Nick

I completely understand and I would feel the same. I will keep you updated as soon as I have more information.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Nicks54
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 13 of 20

Debbie

Thanks, I'll put the faceplate back in.

You've been , and are being, very helpful my frustration with this ongoing problem is off the scale

Nick

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

Hi Nick

The line test is still detecting a potential fault so I have passed this over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

I will continue to monitor for additional updates and I will post back on this thread.

Thanks

0 Likes

Nicks54
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 15 of 20

Debbie

Faceplate removed. Note that the NTE itself is hanging off the wall - its been like this since it was changed by Openreach back in June (when this problem started)

Nick

Message 16 of 20

Hi Nick

Thanks for your reply.

Yes please can you remove everything from the line including router and faceplate for 20 minutes? I can then run another line test. Please let me know once the faceplate has been removed and I can start the test.

0 Likes

Nicks54
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 17 of 20

Hi Debbie

Router is connected to front plate of NTE. It's a prefiltered NTE and I have no microfilters so can't connect router to just the test socket...but can take the front plate off so you're just testing to the unconnected test socket.

For info there is no phone connected (not for the last year - it's not used) and whilst other agents keep blaming my WiFi (!) that is turned off at the router (so only connections are 2 ethernet cables) and disconnects keep happening.

Nick
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 20

Hi Nicks54

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test is detecting a potential fault. Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 20

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?