cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

No internet connection. DSL active, no DHCPv4

s1977
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 25 of 25

Hi

Stumbled upon this today. My DSL connection is up on my Fritzbox 7530 but it says no DHCPv4/Lease timed out. The lease should be renewed as agreed and must be happening regularly. Unsure why this has happened today, so have powered down the router for 30 mins now. Can an admin advise if there are any issues on the line or anything to fix this?

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

Morning s1977,

Just checking back in to see if everything is ok and remained consistent since your last post?

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 25

Hi s1977

I'm glad to hear that the connection has remained stable.

Openreach provided the below update on the fix:

Openreach Equipment - VDSL Card Replaced

Message 3 of 25

Hi Debbie

Good morning. Yes, the connection has remained stable since Friday's last drop/reconnect. Have OR advised on the issue they fixed by any chance?

I will monitor the connection in the coming days.

Message 4 of 25

Hi s1977

Openreach have now closed this fault as resolved. How's the connection been over the last 24hrs?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 25

Hi s1977

Apologies for this.

The line tests are detecting a potential line issue so I have passed this over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer, we should receive further updates within the next 48-72hrs.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 25

Perhaps i was a bit optimistic as well. The connection has dropped again. I have added a screenshot from the modem/router logs which show a DSL Synchronisation issue.

Can you please raise this with Openreach for further investigation?

Connectivity Issues.png
0 Likes

Message 7 of 25

Hello,

Great thank you and hopefully the connection will now remain stable.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 25

Hi Michelle

Thank you for the added investigation detail on our issue. Knowing that there was a mass sync event in the Service updates would've helped us possibly.

However I am happy to monitor and report back on the service in a day's time.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 25

Morning,

I've re-run the test again now and it looks like the previous fault has now been cleared and we can now see this message - The performance of this service may be impacted by a recent mass sync event. Submitting a fault to Openreach cannot expedite the restabilisation of this service. 

Would it be possible to monitor the stability over the next 24hrs following this please? If the connection is still dropping at the test socket with 2 different routers then we'll need to arrange an engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 25

This has just happened now and we have been disconnected again today. See attached, happened around 11:30 today.

Can you please raise this with Openreach for investigation?

Connectivity Issues.png
0 Likes

Message 11 of 25

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. I've re-run the line test now which has detected a potential fault. How has the connection been? Would you like me to raise this over to Openeach for further investigation?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 25

Hi Michelle

I did type a response earlier but doesn't seem to have made its way here. In response to your query, yes I checked the tone and it is clear with no noise or crackling. I have swapped my modem with another Fritzbox 7530 just in case. It seems to be holding up well for now and I will reach out again tomorrow should the network drop again at a similar time.

However if there's anything obvious that you note from your end, then let me know please.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 25

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line test now but the results are inconclusive. Is the voice service currently ok with a clear dial tone? Do you have an alernative router that you can test with please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 25

Hi Michelle

The connection was up for a moment after my update and it's gone back down again. Do you see anything from your end that could identify the problem?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 25

Hi Michelle

I have the same issue today just some time ago. Can you have a look at your end and advise next steps?

0 Likes

Message 16 of 25

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. How has the connection been since your last post? Is this still happening?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 25

Hi Chris

No, nothing is connected to the telephone line besides the Fritzbox! 7530. BTW, the connection seems to be back on now.

My hunch on this one, and has been usually previously too, is that this may have to do with other work at the DLM or exchange. We have had issues in the past with no changes at our end, e.g. dropping of connections, fastpath to interleaved randomly, etc. only for it to restore itself in some time.

However if you can advise if you see a different root cause, then I would welcome it.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 25

OK thanks. Line test is showing a potential fault but line stats looks fine, sync speed is good and connection looks stable. How many telephone sockets do you have in your home? Do you have anything connected to them in addition to your router and one telephone?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 25

Yes, i did comnect a phone to test the line. There's no unusual line noise i could hear.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 25

OK thanks. Is your telephone service working OK, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes