FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasingly Slow Speeds

MrPixelzz
First Timer
Message 20 of 20

I am on Fibre65, i can apparently only get 1mbs on my line due to age and distance, at first it was a constant 1mb and i was dealing with the speed, However now i am only getting between 0.2 & 0.4mb download, and its becoming more and more frustrating waiting for web pages to load as if on dial up.

I have contacted TalkTalk previously, and nobody seems interested in helping me.

Just want to charge me £40 for an engineer to tell me nothing is wrong with my setup.

What are my options?

Brett Smith
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hello,

Thanks for the update. It can take up to 10 days for DLM to fully optimise the connection. If the stability/speed does drop again then please let us know and we can take another look.

Thanks

0 Likes

MrPixelzz
First Timer
Message 2 of 20

Afternoon,

Seems more stable than it has been. Still a few times when its drops low, but apart from that its better than it was.

Brett Smith
0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Hi MrPixelzz

I've checked the connection stats and your line is showing in sync at 8.8mb.

How has the connection been over the weekend?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

MrPixelzz
First Timer
Message 4 of 20

Ok thanks guys, still plugged into test socket, and looks like things have improved slightly. Will check back in on Monday to see how its getting on

Brett Smith
0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Hi MrPixelzz,

The line management system (DLM) has moved you to a faster profile over the last couple of days. Could you leave the router connected to the test socket over the weekend and we'll see if there's been any further improvement on Monday

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

I have had my router plugged into the test socket for a few days now. There seems to be a slight improvement in the morning, getting 9mbps, but it drops through the day. 

Below is showing the latest speeds:

Capture.PNG

The speed before the 7mbps, is 3mbps.

Brett Smith
0 Likes

Message 7 of 20
0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

I will try this when i get home this evening.

Brett Smith
0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. Would it be possible to connect the microfilter, router and phone at the test socket for at least 48hrs so we can see if the speed improves in this set up please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Hi Michelle,

It does have a test socket, i believe i have the NTE5c from Openreach.

Brett Smith
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 20

Hello,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see that the sync speed has dropped. Just to confirm, does your main socket have a test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

See below picture also, current speeds, initially started as 10mbs, but now only 2mbps.

Capture.JPG

Brett Smith
0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Apologies, i have updated my account with Talk Talk phone number.

Brett Smith
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 20

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

MrPixelzz
First Timer
Message 15 of 20

Chris, all updated.

Brett Smith
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 16 of 20

Hi MrPixelzz,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 17 of 20

So are these speeds at different times of the day or something, there is nothing to explain what you have just sent me? From the firmware version mentioned in device info I can tell that you have the Sagemcom Fast5364 Wi-Fi Hub, but your information doesn't actually tell me that.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

MrPixelzz
First Timer
Message 18 of 20

Hi Keith,

The router:

Device Info

N7193054N017089
FAST5364 3.00
SG4K10002816t
4d 14h27m59s
5C:B1:3E:B2:7A:12

Speed is showing as below, but im getting less than that. 

Line 1
DownstreamUpstream

Mostly wireless connections, with one wired connection. 

Brett Smith
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 19 of 20

What make/model of TalkTalk router do you have? If you log into it, what speeds are measured by the router. If you have one of the two Wi-Fi hubs this is in the initial dashboard area.

How do your devices connect to the router, via wireless, wired (Ethernet) or a mixture of the two?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes