FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just done a test on my internet saying there is a fault but talk talk say no fault

sharky110
Whizz Kid
Message 93 of 93

My internet is not working  properly  been on chat with them they do tests say my usage is high I am only running when they did the test one phone and streaming BBC I player how can that be high usage all they wanted to do to fix the problem was send me another router told them just had new router so they y they can send an engineer  if I pay for it I thought talk talk were ment to provide me a service also I ran a check on my service saying a fault talk talk check and there is now fault  how does that work  any hep please guys

Kieran
0 Likes
92 REPLIES 92

Message 61 of 93

@Chris-TalkTalkit wont let me send it says to many characters

Kieran
0 Likes

Message 62 of 93

Hi sharky110,

Thanks for the clip but could you try copy and pasting the results into a post. Please see below for instructions on copy and pasting from the command prompt

Right-click the title bar (the blue bar at the top) of the command prompt window, point to Edit, and then click Mark. Click the beginning of the text you want to copy. Press and hold down the SHIFT key, and then click the end of the text you want to copy (or you can click and drag the cursor to select the text).

When the text that you want to copy is highlighted right click the title bar again, point to edit again and click copy (the text should now be copied to the clip board and you can paste it into a post)

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 63 of 93

@Chris-TalkTalkhere you go test result please ignore grandchild noise in back ground https://youtu.be/rucoItZut1Q

Kieran
0 Likes

Message 64 of 93

@Chris-TalkTalk  hi done the test you want how do i send it to you 

Kieran
0 Likes

Message 65 of 93

OK, thanks 

Can you please run a set of pings and a set of trace routes to www.google.co.uk and can you post the results. Can you run the tests on a device connected by Ethernet cable to your router

https://help2.talktalk.co.uk/how-do-i-perform-ping-or-traceroute

Chris

0 Likes

Message 66 of 93

@Chris-TalkTalk yes I have managed to ge tv connected thats ok now but i think internet is connected to router that looks ok  but when I try and connect to websites it is losing connection also if I am playing games ECT it loses connection 

Kieran
0 Likes

Message 67 of 93

OK, and you had the same problem with both?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 68 of 93

@Chris-TalkTalk d-link dsl-3782

Kieran
0 Likes

Message 69 of 93

OK thanks for trying that,

I can see you're currently using the HG633, which router did you have before this?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 70 of 93

@Chris-TalkTalk it is saying check internet connection  I have tried nu.erouse times to send this message on my laptop also my phone I have now had to put my phone on 4g to send this message 

Kieran
0 Likes

Message 71 of 93

@Chris-TalkTalk it is saying check internet connection  it has took me ages to send this reply tried numerous  times  to send 

Kieran
0 Likes

Message 72 of 93

@Chris-TalkTalk it is saying check internet  connection 

Kieran
0 Likes

Message 73 of 93

@Chris-TalkTalkit is saying check internet connection 

Kieran
0 Likes

Message 74 of 93

@Chris-TalkTalkok will do 

Kieran
0 Likes

Message 75 of 93

Great, could you give that a try to see if it runs OK

Chris

0 Likes

Message 76 of 93

@Chris-TalkTalk yes I can do that 

Kieran
0 Likes

Message 77 of 93

If you have a smart TV do you have the option to run iPlayer directly through an app on the TV rather than the app on the Youview box?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 78 of 93

@Chris-TalkTalk yes that is correct my signal quality has gone down on this new you view box 51% on old box was 100%the quality

Kieran
0 Likes

Message 79 of 93

If the Youview box loses it's connection to the internet then you should get a warning at the top of the screen saying there's no internet connection. When you watch iPlayer do you watch it via the app on the TalkTalk Youview box?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 80 of 93

@Michelle-TalkTalk wired talk talk box 

Kieran
0 Likes