cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

New Eero WiFi Not Functioning Properly

AmeliaLowe
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

Hello, we have just upgraded to eero for the full fibre experience after a door salesman came to us and we were recommended this to “improve” Wi-fi coverage in our house. 

We are seeing several issues:

1. Coverage in the bedroom furthest from the router is awful, despite only being in a flat. We have no additional levels to cover. We never had this issue with our previous provider. For example, my phone was not able to connect between the hours of 1am and 7am entirely and I have been using data up even though I can see the router from my room when doors are open. The man who installed the wifi recommended to put the router near the back of the flat by a window for more coverage, I expressed my concerns but he said it would be fine, yet I am struggling to use my own wifi. 

2. Wi-Fi drops out many many times a day, we are currently unable to properly stream any shows. On my mobile phone I have to force the phone to look for the WiFi and connect to it multiple times a day despite automatic joining being switched on and sometimes even when it is connected I still have to use my data. As for my laptop, it is constantly being kicked off the WiFi too, with prompts to reenter the password due to apparent changes to the network and streaming services crashing a few minutes into a show. 

Would an additional router solve this? I am hesitant/annoyed to throw money at this as an additional device costs £90+ and I am not keen to spend such a high amount of money on a problem I did not have with my past provider when I could just go back to my old broadband. I truthfully am a little frustrated with this all as we were promised that our old wifi was practically obsolete compared to this new Eero technology and yet my experience is proving otherwise.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi Amelia,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number or Account number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hi Michelle,

yes I have just one eero

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Ah ok. Do you just have the one eero?

Michelle

Message 4 of 11

Hi,

I do not have a sagemcom WiFi hub, I only have the Openreach connector on the wall and the Eero hub

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11
0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

The Hub, rather than eero. 

Message 7 of 11

Which one? 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi Amelia,

Thanks for confirming. Does the Wifi Hub still connect?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

Hi Michelle,

By original router do you mean the one we had before moving to TalkTalk or the original Eero router? The answer is yes to both

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi Amelia,

I'm sorry to hear this. How many eeros did you receive? Do you still have the original router? (wifi hub)

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes