FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCE help needed please - Internet failure

Bob-wood
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 8

I had hoped we had put this to bed. Sadly not.

After our last exchanges on another message I replaced the extension system for a new surge protected set. No good. I removed the phone completely and that seemed to fix the problem, so I bought a new one and I had a period of stability. Still occasional drops, but not so bad although speed was not great.

Last week was great until 24th. No drops and speed back to 140+. Then it all went wrong again. From 24th onwards I have had continuous drops. This morning while it was connected I recorded download speed of 26mb! Nearly the same as the upload speed. I turned it all off and left it for 2 hours. Restarted it and had instant reconnect with speed of 140. That lasted 2 hours and it is currently down again.

So, I have replaced the phone, extension lead, phone splitter, even the lamp that was on the same  table and I still have the problem. TT line test tells me there is a problem, but it is at my end?

What more can I do??? 
How much would it cost to get it checked out by an engineer? That’s how desperate I am. I have already spent close to £100 trying to fix it from my end, not including extra mobile data I have to buy and a TV package I’m paying for but can’t use.

Further to the above, which I added to a previous post, I have since discovered that my next door neighbour is having similar problems as me, but with a different ISP. We both suffer internet failures at similar times. This is interesting as my incoming phone line appears to come from the neighbours house! This must surely point to a line fault which I understand is an Openreach issue. 

How can we tackle this problem.....PLEASE

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

I've sent a PM confirming the engineer for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi

I'll progress to an Openreach engineer for you.  I'll drop you a PM with some details to provide.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

The phone I am using is only a few weeks old. I changed it because of TT insistence that the fault was my end.

I have observed that when I have no internet I have noise on the phone. When the internet is working there is no noise on the phone.

Please book me an engineer. If the fault does turn out to be mine then I will pay. I don’t see what other options I have. I have tried everything else you have suggested and don’t know what else to do.

Will this be TT engineer or Openreach? Can you let me know what the cost is likely to be (If it’s my problem)

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Bob

no need to provide a recording, if you say there is a noise on the line, I believe you 🙂

The next option is to get an engineer booked out for you.  Now, with any engineer, there are always conditions.  The one to worry about, is that if the fault is caused by something inside the home, so for example, your own phone was faulty, then there would be a callout charge applied.

So, to avoid this, do you have access to another handset that you can connect directly to the 'Test Socket' / Master socket with nothing else connected.  No filters etc.  If the sound is present, then it's safe to progress.

If your confident this has all been checked, then let me know asap and I'll start the booking process.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 5 of 8

I currently have no internet connection.

The phone does have dial tone, but is very noisy.

Last night was really bad and an incoming call could not be heard. Additionally, the phone kept ringing intermittently when there was no call, came up as engaged when I tried to dial in on my mobile, and telling me to hang up if I tried to dial out. I do have a sound recording from last night, but this forum does not accept the format so I can’t send it to you.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 8

Hi Bob,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which is detecting a possible voice fault. Is there currently a dial tone? Is there also any noise on the line?

Thanks

0 Likes

Ste_Nix14
Community Star
Message 7 of 8
Sorry to hear the issues your facing.

An OCE should pick this up within office hours and will be able to check further the nature off the fault.
Steve -
Have you tried turning it off and on again!
0 Likes