FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAGECOM WIFI HUB HAS NEVER WORKED PROPERLY

jayjay26
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 13

We received our Sagecom wifi hub (fast 5364-3.ts8- black with copper colour in the grill) a couple of years back but after using it for a few weeks, we noticed that the internet connect kept dropping out - I spent over an hour on support lines trying to find a solution, turning off wifi optimisation was suggested on an older request I posted (tech I spoke to didn't know what that was though) only to be told an engineer would be required and if they came out and no issue was found we'd be charged so we just binned it off and went back to the old black router which works a lot better. 

throughout the course of the next couple of years we've tried to go back to it, thinking (for some reason) it might be better this time - but no, same thing. It was a month ago that we again tried - all seemed ok for the first couple of week but now we're getting regular drop outs again and the only solution.... switching back to the old one

Anyone had the same issues? I'd really like the 'newer, faster' wifi hub to actually WORK. 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi jayjay26

Thanks for your reply.

The firmware for the Sagemcom hub is being rolled out. The router is usually updated overnight so it may be worth connecting the Sagemcom overnight.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

yes, i've not really had an issue with it apart from a weak signal at points,  so we're back using it again. Hopefully the update for the SAGECOM gets pushed through soon

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi jayjay26

I'm sorry to hear this.

Are you now using the Huawei WIFI hub?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi, I received the new Sagecom router, it worked ok for about 2 days then reverted to the usual issue of dropped connection. I've once again had to switch back to using the older HUWEI

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi jayjay26

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

yes please

Message 7 of 13

Hi jayjay26

The firmware update should resolve the issue with DNS.

I can send another Sagemcom hub for testing to see if the fault is with the router hardware, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

hi, ok - i can tell you the connection is fine with the HUWEI hub we have atm, not super strong but we've not had that many issues with it - thing is with the SAGECOM, it's never worked properly, not since the time we first had it so what are the chances that this upcoming firmware will fix this issue?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi jayjay26

The Huawei WIFI hub is a different model of router to the HG633. 

We do have new firmware for the Sagemcom hub but the rollout has been paused for now.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi all - just checked the version and it is indeed the one mentioned as problematic:

version SG4K10002816t

We already have a HUWEI HG633 router, it came with our talktalk package when we first took it out before the 'upgrade' arrived, it's the one we keep switching back to as we're out of luck with the SAGECOM

Hopefully something can be done now though?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 13

Hi jayjay26

I'm sorry to hear this.

Would you like me to send a Huawei WIFI hub for testing to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

Hi @jayjay26,

What exact issues do you see ?, does the LED on the router remain solid white, but all of your devices (wired and wireless) lose internet access, and rebooting the router will fix it for a while, but then the problem comes back ?

If you get the symptoms described above then can you go to the router login screen (http://192.168.1.1/) and see what 'version' it shows near the bottom of the screen, is it SG4K10002816t ?, if so then you may be affected by a known issue that causes the routers DNS resolution to fail.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.