cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Slow speeds

Siannn
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 36 of 36

Router keeps disconnecting, and telling me I am connected with no Internet connection and when it comes back on I end up getting really slow speeds everytime, I have it fixed and the normal speeds only last for 2 days maximum 

0 Likes
35 REPLIES 35

Message 21 of 36

Thank you, will keep you informed 

Message 22 of 36

Hi @Siannn 

I've ordered the replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know once you have received and tested with the replacement router.

I will also keep monitoring for updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 23 of 36

Hiya, I understand but there was an engineer out only a few days ago I've had around 5 visits in the last month, I would like to be able to rule out it being a fault with the router as it seems to be making a clicking sound alot 

Message 24 of 36

Hi @Siannn 

The line test is detecting a potential line fault. Would you like me to send a replacement router too so we can rule this out?

0 Likes

Message 25 of 36

Thank you. But for some reason as soon as line test is run by talktalk the Internet speeds come back up as they just have done, but the within 24 hours my router resets itself and Internet speeds drop again, I'm wondering if there is a possibility my router could be faulty? 

0 Likes

Message 26 of 36

Hi @Siannn 

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test is showing another potential fault so I have escalated this back to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

I will post back here as soon as I receive further updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 27 of 36

It worked for around 2 days but has gone back down to 5mbps again. It seems to not be able to stabilises itself 

0 Likes

Message 28 of 36

Hi Siannn

I can see that Openreach have now closed the fault. Is everything working ok now?

0 Likes

Message 29 of 36

Hi @Siannn 

The Openreach line engineer hasn't updated the fault ticket as yet.

As soon as we receive an update then we will post back on this thread.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 30 of 36

Hi @Siannn 

The fault has been assigned to the line engineer this morning. We should hopefully have further updates later this afternoon.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 31 of 36

Good afternoon,

I've re-checked the fault and there are no additional updates as yet, the fault is still under investigation with Openreach. We will re-check again first thing in the morning and if there are still no further updates then we will contact Openreach directly.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 32 of 36

Morning,

Thank you. I can see that a potential line fault was detected and this has been raised to Openreach for investigation. There are no additional updates as yet and the fault is still in hand with Openreach at the moment but we'll re-check the fault later on today for an additional update for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 33 of 36

It's updated 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 34 of 36

Hi Siannn,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • TalkTalk Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 36

@Siannn, staff replied to your other thread yesterday, but you still don't seem to have updated your profile. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing/Wrongfully-billed-for-an-engineer/td-p/3061931

Without this being done, staff cannot identify your account, test your line or give you help specific to your situation. 

They are not on here now before Monday, so you won't get a reply before then from staff.

Please add your Talktalk phone number or account number in Personal Information. Go via your avatar; settings; drop down menu....add the information required in Personal Information and SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes